The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Warwick or City University London??

Heeeelp,

I'm currently holding an offer from both schools but I do not know which one to choose. I'm not from the UK so I only know little about these Universities neither have I visited them. Could someone give me some advice pls??

also I am a little afraid that life outside of classes at Warwick might be a little boring.

Thank you!!
Reply 1
Warwick is in a more isolated location than City but it has an excellent reputation, so if that's what matters to you, go for Warwick. City is in an amazing location and there is a real emphasis at the uni on maximising graduates' employability. For vocational/business courses it also has an excellent reputation but there is a focus on these rather than on the more 'traditional' subjects. So it depends on what you're studying really.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Warwick > City
As a current City student, I would recommend it :smile: it's in a great location of London, it's so close to all the best parts of Central London and you're never far from anything! The university is also a really friendly and inviting place with a good student centre, it has lots of societies and things so you can make new friends :smile: I moved from
another part of the Uk and I found it really easy to settle in and make friends. City also has great results and a big emphasis on graduate employment rates ect! It also has state of the art facilities and great lecture spaces!
Reply 4
I have the same doubt. Got offers to study Management at both Warwick and City. Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
This should not be a hard decision at all. Choose University of Warwick. City doesn't even come near Warwick in terms of national reputation. Warwick, along with Durham, is the most reputable university that you can find outside Oxbridge in the UK. City has the advantage of being in London but that is all it really.
Reply 6
Original post by Reord
Warwick is in a more isolated location than City but it has an excellent reputation, so if that's what matters to you, go for Warwick. City is in an amazing location and there is a real emphasis at the uni on maximising graduates' employability. For vocational/business courses it also has an excellent reputation but there is a focus on these rather than on the more 'traditional' subjects. So it depends on what you're studying really.

I applied for international business at Warwick and business studies at City.
Reply 7
Original post by Raymat
This should not be a hard decision at all. Choose University of Warwick. City doesn't even come near Warwick in terms of national reputation. Warwick, along with Durham, is the most reputable university that you can find outside Oxbridge in the UK. City has the advantage of being in London but that is all it really.

So you would choose Warwick over LSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by egondargento
So you would choose Warwick over LSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I would choose LSE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending