The Student Room Group

If you could re-do your life, what would you change?

If anything?

I would change 1. the schools i went to and 2. the amount of work i did and 3. the university i attend.

Scroll to see replies

You don't really get to choose the schools you go to though. Didn't your parents choose?
Original post by anonwinner
You don't really get to choose the schools you go to though. Didn't your parents choose?

My parents didn't dictate my life. I wasn't enjoying school and my mum asked if I wanted to go to a different one, but I chickened out and just put up with it.
Original post by soanonymous
If anything?

I would change 1. the schools i went to and 2. the amount of work i did and 3. the university i attend.

Strongly agree
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Where to start!?!?

But If I changed that mistakes I've made, I wouldn't be the same person I am! May I would end up wanting to live a little more in that reality!
I would say that I'd attend a better university, but then I wouldn't have met the friends that I made there, and they're awesome.

I would have learned to drive at 17 when free lessons were on offer (and probably a free car as well to be honest).

I play a musical instrument and I took a five year gap during university. I wouldn't do that, because it's a nightmare getting back up to standard again.
I would change:

1. Getting mad at my best friend in primary for some s*** reason.
2. Being so ridiculously unproductive in the summer holidays... All that wasted time. :frown: Gahhhh
3. Etc... There is a lot I could want to change but I might be where I am today. :s-smilie: And I'm not sure if that would be a good or bad thing.
A few things.

1. I would make more of an effort to make friends and have a social life during school. From the start of secondary school I spent my days on my own with no friends, and I think I missed out on some of the social sides of school life.

2. I would not start procrastinating when I started secondary school. It's a very difficult habit to get out.

3. I would have gone to both of my proms.

This is what I would like to have done, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Reply 8
I'd be nicer to people I knew personally.
i would like a slightly smaller penis
I'd have put more effort into being nice to the people that I really cared for, especially when I was growing up and being an angsty dimwit of a teenager :tongue: I also would have stood up to the people who treated me badly. Ideally, if I could relive my life with the knowledge and experience that I have now (such as it is), I would confuse child psychologists while cackling evilly to myself.
Original post by the bear
i would like a slightly smaller penis

Is it even possible for yours to be any smaller?
I wish I had started learning advanced science and mathematics earlier on, as this would have made my life so much easier.

I wish I had swore at people more often throughout middle and secondary school. Especially when they deserved it.

I also wish I had released my pent up frustration on people that picked on me at school, rather than my family.
If only I could go back now, i would have beaten the **** out of them. At the time I was really afraid of being expelled so I didn't dare, but I wish I had.

Finally I wish that I had joined my local football club earlier on. On the way to the trial, i got really nervous and I ended up backing out, but from what I can remember I was pretty good.

Thats pretty much it.

:biggrin:
I'd sleep through the boring bits. :yawn:
I wish I lived with my mum from the start, the amount of work I put in with schoolwork and I wish I carried on with the violin
I wouldn't have dated one particular person who cost me a whole group of friends.
Carried on with piano, carried obzworking hard at sixth form. Not runaway from my crush in primary school when she said she liked me. Spent more times outdoors , so I wouldn't be as socially awkward. Lots of things when I think about it.
Original post by Jibola240
Carried on with piano, carried obzworking hard at sixth form. Not runaway from my crush in primary school when she said she liked me. Spent more times outdoors , so I wouldn't be as socially awkward. Lots of things when I think about it.

Lol.
I would have visited my granddad in the hospital :frown: I didn't realise how ill he was.
Hmmmm....interesting question. I don't think I'd change anything honestly. Maybe I wish I would've started learning guitar earlier.

Quick Reply

Latest