The Student Room Group

Think I might have something in my foot

I have what appears to be a small round cut in my heel (smooth), and the skin is slightly red around it.

I have had it for a few weeks, it is painless to touch however when I am walking and put my foot down in a certain way it causes a short lasting but excruciating sharp pain as if I have a bit of glass stuck in there.

Should I see a doctor?
i would go to your gp just to be on the safe side. It could be nothing, just a simple cut thats causing a bit of pain. But if you feel there could be something in it, then get it checked. Even go into your local pharmacy and get a pharmacist to take a look at it for you first, they may have a slightly better idea if you should get it checked.
Verruca?
Is the cut healing well? It wouldn't surprise me that a simple cut on the bottom of your foot would be painful to walk on, and what the sensation you're feeling thinking glass is actually the internal cut where you've cut the deeper part of the skin (the dermis)

A lump of glass would hamper the healer process, however without seeing it I can't tell you for sure. Go to the doctor and he'll tell you outright if theres something in there. You might need an X ray though.

Quick Reply

Latest