The Student Room Group

Revision for AS

im scared like fudge over my exams...i have economics,psychology and english lit,epq to contest with...first exam is may 11....

getting stressed out because i keep on getting homework literally everyday and i havent really had a chance to go over any of my notes during my free periods or at home...and i when im at home i tend to play ps3 alot on the weekends or just chill out or do my homework...ive already decided once the term starts im sacrificng saturaday and sunday football in favour of revision...i have mocks in 1 week and a bit which im terriefied about aswell....any advice?
Reply 1
anyone?
Reply 2
Original post by scrawlx101
im scared like fudge over my exams...i have economics,psychology and english lit,epq to contest with...first exam is may 11....

getting stressed out because i keep on getting homework literally everyday and i havent really had a chance to go over any of my notes during my free periods or at home...and i when im at home i tend to play ps3 alot on the weekends or just chill out or do my homework...ive already decided once the term starts im sacrificng saturaday and sunday football in favour of revision...i have mocks in 1 week and a bit which im terriefied about aswell....any advice?

Breathe. You won't be the only one struggling with revision - I didn't revise nearly enough for mocks last week, I'm really hoping other people found them bad so I won't feel as terrible as I do!

Other than that, if you do nothing else look at past papers, then the mark schemes, then at least you'll know what you're being asked to do. You might find once you're in the habit of doing this you'll end up doing more than you thought you would be! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scrawlx101

Take the PS3 out!!! You'll struggle at first but once it becomes normal to come home and just get on with some work. I'm hell stressed about exams. The thing I find works is too not overload yourself. You've probably been told this, but write 3 sizeable things you wanna get done in frees and at home. Not too much, not too little. That way, you've achieved what you want, your not just aimlessly revising and if you do finish, you can always do more. In terms of the exams themelves i'm not help, because i sit there shaking in them but you have essay type subjects so just remember to really get your head round the question before you dive in and answer in short, concise sentences. Except maybe english, you can get just as many marks in 3 sentences of basic english of about 10 words as you could some extravagant paragraph where each idea leads on beautifully etc. Theres no point! Fit your answer to what you think/know is gonna be on the ms. And on that point, read mark schemes. Questions repeat (in structure and substance) and at times conceptual knowledge is less rewardable than giving a seemingly obvious remark you saw in last years past paper mark scheme. Good Luck
Reply 4
Original post by fan1597534862
Take the PS3 out!!! You'll struggle at first but once it becomes normal to come home and just get on with some work. I'm hell stressed about exams. The thing I find works is too not overload yourself. You've probably been told this, but write 3 sizeable things you wanna get done in frees and at home. Not too much, not too little. That way, you've achieved what you want, your not just aimlessly revising and if you do finish, you can always do more. In terms of the exams themelves i'm not help, because i sit there shaking in them but you have essay type subjects so just remember to really get your head round the question before you dive in and answer in short, concise sentences. Except maybe english, you can get just as many marks in 3 sentences of basic english of about 10 words as you could some extravagant paragraph where each idea leads on beautifully etc. Theres no point! Fit your answer to what you think/know is gonna be on the ms. And on that point, read mark schemes. Questions repeat (in structure and substance) and at times conceptual knowledge is less rewardable than giving a seemingly obvious remark you saw in last years past paper mark scheme. Good Luck

will do...gonna start looking at examiner reports and mark schemes in half of my frees from now and on saturdays...sunday will be revision
at the end of the day, they are only mocks. these exams will give you a kick up the bum to start revising and will highlight the aspects you really NEED to revise (at least thats what i am hoping).

i am in exactly the same place as you at the moment, doing my AS exams soon and i have interims next week. however, i am one of them people who dont get stressed for exams. just keep calm and carry on doing football on one of the days!! you need to share your time equally between activites otherwise youll just work yourself up
Flashcards are your friend.

edit; to be honest, I don't know about those subjects as I don't do them, but you may be able to use flashcards.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending