The Student Room Group

I can't flirt to save my life

I haven't seen the guy I'm dating in weeks. The last date ended with a kiss, well several kisses. Yesterday I asked if I would see him this year (joking in regards to the last time we saw each other). He suggested I come to his house when I'm free. I've been to his house before, last time I was being really weird and sat on the chair next to his bed and although it was a nice evening I totally gave the wrong impression. Last time we went out I made an effort to show how much I like him, I dressed up, gave eye contact for once, I was being a little playful when he was teasing me, we sat really close and at the end I grew some balls and initiated the first kiss.

Although I should feel more comfortable next time I feel nervous. Like do I greet him with a hug and a kiss this time. I am going to sit next to him this time lol. I know it should come naturally but I suck when it comes to flirting... do I stroke his head? Lmao..Squeeze his leg? :biggrin::biggrin:

Help me lol

Scroll to see replies

Luckily there are very few murderers around choosing subjects on their observable ability to flirt. Unless there are loads and they are just never caught in which case the end is near.

Seriously though, just do whatever you like. If he likes you he likes you.
In short, practice makes perfect
Try, fail, try again and eventually you will succeed
Sorry, not a clue, I can't flirt to save my life either! XD I just try to discuss interesting things enthusiastically and see where it goes. :smile:
Easiest way to flirt with a guy: tease tease tease. Winding guys up is a playful thing to do. Never say anything TOO offensive though but they appreciate the banter. Lots of eye contact too. Even if you're naturally shy, play the confidence card and the rest he will initiate I reckon. Depends what kind of guy he is though. If he is an introvert then maybe don't go down the teasing route cos he might accidentally misinterpret it !
Reply 5
Original post by ByronicHero
Luckily there are very few murderers around choosing subjects on their observable ability to flirt. Unless there are loads and they are just never caught in which case the end is near.

Seriously though, just do whatever you like. If he likes you he likes you.

Lol. I just don't want him to think he's being friendzoned again. It's probably more the fact he said he likes to flirt that is the worrying me. Thank you.
Reply 6
Original post by piotr.irving
In short, practice makes perfect
Try, fail, try again and eventually you will succeed

I will do just that :smile: thanks
Reply 7
Original post by Rainbow Student
Sorry, not a clue, I can't flirt to save my life either! XD I just try to discuss interesting things enthusiastically and see where it goes. :smile:

At least I'm not alone. Although I lack flirting skills I have no issue making him laugh and we kinda bounce off each other anyway, so maybe that's good enough.
Reply 8
Original post by sophieelis
Easiest way to flirt with a guy: tease tease tease. Winding guys up is a playful thing to do. Never say anything TOO offensive though but they appreciate the banter. Lots of eye contact too. Even if you're naturally shy, play the confidence card and the rest he will initiate I reckon. Depends what kind of guy he is though. If he is an introvert then maybe don't go down the teasing route cos he might accidentally misinterpret it !

Ohh OK. We have such a laugh since day one we've had our own banter. I kinda know my limit now though, he doesn't get offended easily but there have been times I've said things I wish I hadn't. Let's just say there was a time he thought I only wanted friendship which was down to a joke I made. I just don't want to give the wrong impression again.

Anyways I think you described what happened on our last date, I gave contact and he sat closer etc. Thanks for your input.
Original post by Anonymous
At least I'm not alone. Although I lack flirting skills I have no issue making him laugh and we kinda bounce off each other anyway, so maybe that's good enough.

Lol well if he likes you, he likes you! n__n
Reply 10
Just go with it, maybe sit next to him, let him put his arm around you? More kisses? Just let it happen ☺️ That's what I would do anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Teach9
Just go with it, maybe sit next to him, let him put his arm around you? More kisses? Just let it happen ☺️ That's what I would do anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds good to me! Thank you
Reply 12
Sounds good to me! Thank you

Anytime ☺️!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lmao..Squeeze his leg? :biggrin::biggrin:

Help me lol

I actually squealed at this part.

oskskdffk you're so cute!!

I was like that with my (now ex) boyfriend. I used to get soooo nervous about meeting him and as the date went on we got more comfortable around eachother and naturally we bounced off eachother when it came to flirting. I was in my most social and talkative state when I was about the leave (how ironic haha!) but honestly, just go with the flow. He obviously dated (is still dating) you because he likes you just the way you are.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Flirting is easy, I flirt with everyone and anything just because. Just try and make eye contact, physical contact like touching their arm or tickling them, laugh at them if they're funny and smile alot. I tend to insult boys in a joking way and call them 'princess' or 'girly' and squeeze their cheeks. Make him feel special as if he's the only boy for you.
Original post by Kmb123
Flirting is easy, I flirt with everyone and anything just because. Just try and make eye contact, physical contact like touching their arm or tickling them, laugh at them if they're funny and smile alot. I tend to insult boys in a joking way and call them 'princess' or 'girly' and squeeze their cheeks. Make him feel special as if he's the only boy for you.

Slut..
Reply 16
Original post by frigg113
Slut..

Thank you petal
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I actually squealed at this part.

oskskdffk you're so cute!!

I was like that with my (now ex) boyfriend. I used to get soooo nervous about meeting him and as the date went on we got more comfortable around eachother and naturally we bounced off eachother when it came to flirting. I was in my most social and talkative state when I was about the leave (how ironic haha!) but honestly, just go with the flow. He obviously dated (is still dating) you because he likes you just the way you are.

Haha. That sounds just like me, I'm talkative near the end when it's time to go home lol. Yeah I guess I should stop worrying. It's just the fact he said he likes to flirt and I'm clueless, but as time goes by I've improved. Even with the little eye contact i started to give it made a huge difference. Thanks :smile:
Damn shame
I haven't seen the guy I'm dating in weeks. The last date ended with a kiss, well several kisses. Yesterday I asked if I would see him this year (joking in regards to the last time we saw each other). He suggested I come to his house when I'm free. I've been to his house before, last time I was being really weird and sat on the chair next to his bed and although it was a nice evening I totally gave the wrong impression. Last time we went out I made an effort to show how much I like him, I dressed up, gave eye contact for once, I was being a little playful when he was teasing me, we sat really close and at the end I grew some balls and initiated the first kiss.

Although I should feel more comfortable next time I feel nervous. Like do I greet him with a hug and a kiss this time. I am going to sit next to him this time lol. I know it should come naturally but I suck when it comes to flirting... do I stroke his head? Lmao..Squeeze his leg? :biggrin::biggrin:

Help me lol

Lol. Loving the title. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending