The Student Room Group

Your most boring AS/A-level?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I am doing English, Maths, Separate sciences, RS, French, History, Latin and Drama. Honestly, Drama is the most boring of all and I really wish that I could turn back time and replace it. Biggest mistake of my life. I have now learnt from it and know now to consider multiple factors when choosing subjects.
I'm in my AS year, taking English Language, Psychology, Geography and Economics.

English and Psychology are literally the most mind numbingly boring subjects you can choose. :headfire::bricks::banghead:

love the other two though.

I'm certain that I'm going to have to drop two subjects at the end of this year, clearing the way for me to pick up Maths and Chemistry but these new reforms are scaring me.:frown:

An extra year in college isn't appealing either..
Original post by Bobjim12
For me it's computing, well, my theory lessons anyway. In maths you gain mathematical skills, in Physics you understand how the world works, in Theoretical computing you're just given fact after fact which is pretty droll, the course doesn't require to be in depth enough about how the computer works to be truly interesting.

The irony is, Computing is what i want to do XD

I'm in a similar boat haha :') Computing A Level is rather dull but the degree is almost entirely different and far more fascinating.
Reply 63
Maths, physics, chemistry and AS biology

Biology lesson were the worst i literally thought time would stop in my lessons I hated it that much

Unit 1 was plants, cells and transport sucked so much I hated transport and just ew
I didn't revise for that test got a D

Unit 2 was just a memory test so got an A

Overall biology AS grade C, so happy after dropping it
but now I'm resitting unit 1 *war flashbacks*
I do maths, further maths and physics and maths is easily the most boring. C3 and C4 are really dull tbh and I taught it all to myself coz I felt the classes we're much too slow.
(edited 9 years ago)
I do maths, physics, italian and further maths.

I'd say italian is most boring, we study such random stuff.
I do Maths, Further Maths, Chem, Bio and Economics.

And I literally want to shoot myself every time i walk into my economics class.
Original post by Bobjim12
For me it's computing, well, my theory lessons anyway. In maths you gain mathematical skills, in Physics you understand how the world works, in Theoretical computing you're just given fact after fact which is pretty droll, the course doesn't require to be in depth enough about how the computer works to be truly interesting.

The irony is, Computing is what i want to do XD

computing is very interesting since you understand how a computer works
Original post by Madmatician
Not a subject, but S1 as a module is so dull. S2 is much better imo. The electricity section in Physics is also suicide-inducing.

I do Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Citizenship. Safe to say, Citizenship is the most mind-numbing

Statistics units in general make me want to kill myself.
ICT is the most boring subject especially coursework its so tedious.
Sociology! it's soo painful to revise for it!
Biology - loved it.
Chemistry - love it.
Physics - electricity and mechanics are mind-numbingly boring and tedious, particles and waves are very interesting.
Maths - like C1 and C2, indifferent towards S1.
Further maths - like FP1, indifferent towards S2, dislike M1.
Reply 72
Original post by tcameron
I do biology, chemistry, maths, geography.

I think I have fallen asleep mulitiple times in my geography lessons and feel like my brain is slowly melting away each lesson. Literally No motivation in the subject whatsoever.
Can't wait to drop it after AS - worst decision I made...

What's your most boring subject you do? (if you have one)

Same subjects as you! Except I dropped maths after AS. Geog lessons are SO boring but I have some underlying interest even though the teachers put me to sleep.

I hate chemistry though, least interesting imo so the most boring!
Original post by tcameron
I do biology, chemistry, maths, geography.

I think I have fallen asleep mulitiple times in my geography lessons and feel like my brain is slowly melting away each lesson. Literally No motivation in the subject whatsoever.
Can't wait to drop it after AS - worst decision I made...

What's your most boring subject you do? (if you have one)

Did geogrophy at AS, f*************ck that man, i hated it so much, dropped it straight away, i did further maths, chemistry and physics, so i dropped it in December cause of further maths, counts as 2. Was a waste of time imo, just boring, and waaaay too much spoonfeeding in my school which i hate
I take English lit, French, Geography and Biology.

English is definitely the most boring, because we have to study ww1 literature, which I detest.
There are not really boring subjects for me. Every single subject which I chose has nice and interesting aspects. I would tend to Latin when I should determine a subject with least interest. Monotony learning of vocabulary and grammar (and the exceptions) made it hard to learn.
I think my most boring subject is maths. It's not as useful as something like general studies and I think it lacks real world application
Reply 77
English language, all we do is exam questions cos my teacher is crap at her job and doesn't know how to teach, running headfirst into a brick wall would be more fun. :tongue:
Reply 78
Original post by binarythoughts
Why Chemistry :frown:

I just find the concepts boring, I really love physics so I think I'm always comparing the two, and mechanics makes me love maths and mechanics is just physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
lunch

Quick Reply

Latest