The Student Room Group

Do you support the inheritance tax?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marco14196
No because that money was hard earned by whoever earned it and its their choice where the money should go to, the government arent entitled to a dime of that money, they'll just mis-spend the money anyway or give it off to sponging benefit thieves who cant be bothered to work.

I agree.
Reply 61
Original post by marco14196
Not living costs at all at the moment. People pay their fair share of tax in their life and the money they have left over to themselves should be their choice to decide how it is used, it shouldn't be robbed from them once they have passed on if they have paid their fair share of tax. I disagree with inheritance tax outright, that's just how I feel.

Effectively, the beneficiary pays the tax - not the dead person. If they used the money before they died they would have ended up paying tax on it again through vat, stamp duty, fuel duty etc.

The thing that is really being taxed is money changing hands. I can't see how people object to this basic principle unless they think we should only tax new wealth creation or something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending