The Student Room Group

Social Mobility Foundation Residential Programme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katiejardine
Whitehall London :smile:

Ohh looks like we will see each other! Haha what grades did you get at gcse?
Reply 21
Peterborough area, you? What one did you apply for? :smile:

Heya guys, i wondered if there were any other people applying from my area and hey i'm from Peterborough too. I've applied for the London Residential and been accepted provisionally. Excited for it already :biggrin:
Original post by Sofifa
Heya guys, i wondered if there were any other people applying from my area and hey i'm from Peterborough too. I've applied for the London Residential and been accepted provisionally. Excited for it already :biggrin:

Hi! I'm not from Peterborough but I'm on the Whitehall residential! Is that the same as you? I am worried about not knowing anyone, but am so excited!
Reply 23
Haha well i assume if you're in London on the same programme, there is that possibility that we will meet :biggrin: I'm not sure is the Whitehall only for politics? Either way hellooooooo see you in summer :biggrin: I am also very excited!! :smile:
Sorry for the late reply, I got 4 A*, 1 A and 7 B :smile:

I'm nervous about pretty much everything, but at the same time excited, its strange!
Reply 25
Have you guys sent off your documents? My email isn't letting me upload the scans and i don't know what to do. I have emailed them but no reply. Although i shall wait because i comprehend that they are very busy currently.
I haven't yet, I'm still waiting for my National Insurance number to come They took a while to email me back too, it wont be too long though! :smile:
Original post by Sofifa
Have you guys sent off your documents? My email isn't letting me upload the scans and i don't know what to do. I have emailed them but no reply. Although i shall wait because i comprehend that they are very busy currently.

I don't have a scanner so just attached a photo of the documents! I take it you're on Whitehall too?
Sorry for the late reply, I got 4 A*, 1 A and 7 B :smile:

I'm nervous about pretty much everything, but at the same time excited, its strange!

Me too! People that have done it in the past said it was amazing though!
Reply 29
Original post by Emilymolly19
I don't have a scanner so just attached a photo of the documents! I take it you're on Whitehall too?

OMG Thank you so much! haha no idea how i couldn't think of that :biggrin:
And yes i am! :smile: The process is happening! Yay! :smile:
Reply 30
Hi everybody! I've been accepted onto the London Whitehall too and I'm from Liverpool. How's everybody feeling about it? :bigsmile:
Original post by abbielr
Hi everybody! I've been accepted onto the London Whitehall too and I'm from Liverpool. How's everybody feeling about it? :bigsmile:

I'm scared but excited! Is the whitehall one thats from the 26th of July to the 8th of August? I'm doing the residential one in London thats with JP Morgan and I'm not sure if thats the Whitehall one or not?
Reply 32
Original post by ianaorden
I'm scared but excited! Is the whitehall one thats from the 26th of July to the 8th of August? I'm doing the residential one in London thats with JP Morgan and I'm not sure if thats the Whitehall one or not?

I feel exactly the same way! It's daunting but I'm eager to go and experience it all.
My email says I'll be in Whitehall from the 26th of July to the 7th of August. I think they're all around the same time, or at least a few, but I think the JP Morgan residential is for banking?
Reply 33
Original post by abbielr

Hey! Slowly getting to know more people :biggrin: I have no doubt that we will see each other so nice to meet you in advance ahaha
I'm really excited! Has anyone got the email about an MP placement?
[QUOTE=abbielr;56176969]Hi everybody! I've been accepted onto the London Whitehall too and I'm from Liverpool. How's everybody feeling about it? :bigsmile:

I live near Liverpool! I'm excited for it now. I can't wait to find out what we will be doing whilst in London! I'm a little nervous about not knowing anyone however.
Original post by Sofifa
Hey! Slowly getting to know more people :biggrin: I have no doubt that we will see each other so nice to meet you in advance ahaha
I'm really excited! Has anyone got the email about an MP placement?

I've got the email about the MP placement, do we have to apply if we're doing the Whitehall residential or is it an optional thing? :smile:
Reply 36
I've got the email about the MP placement, do we have to apply if we're doing the Whitehall residential or is it an optional thing? :smile:

I think it's an optional thing. It really didn't say much on the email. I applied to go for a week before the residential because that's my only free time. But i am unsure what even it is.
Reply 37
Original post by Emilymolly19
I live near Liverpool! I'm excited for it now. I can't wait to find out what we will be doing whilst in London! I'm a little nervous about not knowing anyone however.

Apologies for the late reply! I feel the same way, especially with the amount of time we're there and around one and other. I picked up my train tickets the other day, though, which makes it feel a lot more realistic.

Anybody heard of where exactly they'll be placed?
[QUOTE=abbielr;57263563]Apologies for the late reply! I feel the same way, especially with the amount of time we're there and around one and other. I picked up my train tickets the other day, though, which makes it feel a lot more realistic.
Anybody heard of where exactly they'll be placed?

Ohh, I haven't yet picked up my tickets! I need to get that sorted. And I haven't heard yet, hopefully it will be soon! I really want to hear about the weekend and evening activities too. It's only a month away now ☺️
Has anyone else got the email through about their provisional placement and the schedule? I got mine through today :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest