The Student Room Group

Aftershave Attraction?

Hi.

Well I'm 20 years old and have never used any aftershave/eau de toilette (same thing?)

All I used was deodorant. My girlfriend tells me she likes Joop and that it turns her on etc...does aftershave normall have this effect?

I have some Lacost Pour Homme that my mum got me for Christmas ages ago...is that a good one? Can anyone find me any online reviews? I see lots of good ones about Joop! Homme...

Anyway, do any lads find that aftershave/EDT helps them get girls and for the girls, does it make you more attracted to a lad?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Aftershave has pheromones in it - so it's very possible.
Reply 2
All the girls i know tend to say 'you smell nice' etc so it must have some effect!
It's effective but only if you like the guy in the first place, nobody's gonna pull purely on the basis that they smell nice!
It prolly has about the same effect as perfume has on guys.
Its more than just the smell, it shows that he cares for their appreance and looks after himself. Its a kind of hygiene thing it smells clean. The smells are very masculine which is also very sexy.

I also love it when a guys clothes smell fresh from the wash-hard to descibe. Girls you probally know what I mean.

Yummy
Impossible princess
It's effective but only if you like the guy in the first place, nobody's gonna pull purely on the basis that they smell nice!
It prolly has about the same effect as perfume has on guys.

Agreed
It's not like aftershave can make any man irresistible, but a nice smelling male is always attractive.
Reply 7
I love a good smelling man. Really attracts me.
Reply 8
Girls tend 2 like it, all ya need 2 kno. Joop is very nice!! Try Jean paul Gaultier le Male, dats really nice
Reply 9
Bulgari Pour Homme. Winner.
Reply 10
I love it when a man is wearing nice aftershave. It should not be so overpowering that it lingers in the air several minutes after he's walked past (I actually had a teacher who did this) it should be subtle.
Reply 11
Pink Lady
I love it when a man is wearing nice aftershave. It should not be so overpowering that it lingers in the air several minutes after he's walked past (I actually had a teacher who did this) it should be subtle.

I dunno. Sometimes that's quite cool. I like it sometimes when I walk down the street and a guy walks past me and I can still smell his aftershave (if it's a good smell obviously) - it makes me go "ooh!" and turn around :smile:
Reply 12
I suggest you edit the above.
Reply 13
Because if this thread degenerates into an argument its on your head. You want him to leave you alone and ignore you, so stop being a dick to him.
Please play nice! :smile:
Reply 15
yeah its true, whenever i use jasper conrad shower gel (really expensive) my lass loves it.
Reply 16
-TMG-
Hi.

Well I'm 20 years old and have never used any aftershave/eau de toilette (same thing?)

All I used was deodorant. My girlfriend tells me she likes Joop and that it turns her on etc...does aftershave normall have this effect?

I have some Lacost Pour Homme that my mum got me for Christmas ages ago...is that a good one? Can anyone find me any online reviews? I see lots of good ones about Joop! Homme...

Anyway, do any lads find that aftershave/EDT helps them get girls and for the girls, does it make you more attracted to a lad?

Thanks!

Don't be so lazy, go and google it yourself.
It's really wierd how powerful smell is, I can smell something and be transported back 2 years so easily, it's bizarre. My man tends not to use aftershave-y stuff and I prefer it that way, he has gorgeous smelling skin anyway, so I wouldn't want him to cover it up.
samba
Because if this thread degenerates into an argument its on your head. You want him to leave you alone and ignore you, so stop being a dick to him.
WTF are you on about?
Reply 19
Issey Miyake, I seriously love it, and always stop any man I come across who is wearing it and start talking. It is niiiiiice

Latest

Trending

Trending