The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Mental health effect offer?

Hi!
I'm currently doing my A levels with an offer for BBB at Reading. I've been struggling a lot lately and recently been put on antidepressants and started seeing psychiatrists etc. But I was wondering whether I should tell the uni about this as it could be considered an external factor influencing my results...but I also don't want them to think I am not able to handle being at the university or doing the course.

Thank you for any help!
Original post by nat214
Hi!
I'm currently doing my A levels with an offer for BBB at Reading. I've been struggling a lot lately and recently been put on antidepressants and started seeing psychiatrists etc. But I was wondering whether I should tell the uni about this as it could be considered an external factor influencing my results...but I also don't want them to think I am not able to handle being at the university or doing the course.

Thank you for any help!

Tell them on our ucas... i did and it's fine... there not allowed to discriminate on health conditions, if anything it makes you a stronger candidate for dealing with this and still achieving the grades :smile:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by slongmire
Tell them on our ucas... i did and it's fine... there not allowed to discriminate on health conditions, if anything it makes you a stronger candidate for dealing with this and still achieving the grades :smile:

Thank you for your help!! It's a bit of a scary topic to ask about, but thank you and hope all is well with you! :smile:
Original post by nat214
Hi!

Thank you for any help!

Hello!

Please be assured that universities understand that people may be experiencing difficulties and will not discriminate against this, so do not be afraid to put any details down on your application.

If you have any more questions about the university then just ask!
Pip, third year English Literature and History of Art :smile:

Quick Reply