The Student Room Group

I don't like the idea of people thinking of me?

I'll explain further. I don't know whether it's self-consciousness or a combination of that and other things, but I don't like that people (mainly family) might think about me.

So if, on the television, things about life are mentioned and I think it's relevant to me, I hate thinking that my family are thinking the same thing because they have the same idea, if that makes sense? (Note, I worry that the things they think are bad) eg, thinking about my life choices and how I'm living.

I can't really explain it any better but it's not comfortable to live with.

I appreciate any replies
Reply 1
Hello!

I thought I'd have a go at replying to your post. What is it that worries you about your family having negative thoughts about you? What are the consequences of them having negative thoughts? I mean, it's natural that family will have some negative thoughts about you whether that be a worry, concern or disagreeing with your life choices but that's all part of life really. What specific life choices / ways you're living is it that you think they're against?

Basically can you expand more on your above post?

Nobody likes people thinking negative thoughts about them but if it's starting to consume you and interrupt your day to day living then you either need to confront these feelings or seek some help!

x
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest