The Student Room Group

Work experience placement in Parliament

Every year, Parliament opens up their applications and offers work experience placements to students.

I have just been offered a week placement at the House of Lords :biggrin:

Has anybody else been offered one or already completed? What to expect?

Really excited!
Yes :smile: I did one week at the clerk of parliaments office, it was mainly shadowing the clerk and his assistants and going to some cool meetings which has confidential stuff in them. You get to sit in the public gallery and listen when the house is debating. Also, I had the opportunity of picking the debates out for each day of the week out of a hat, it was so fun! But the most funnnnnnest thing ever is getting a security pass which you can walk around all parliament with and if security stop you then you hold it up and just walk straight past, go explore the building and offices! After all it's all in a castle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by awesomewarsome
Yes :smile: I did one week at the clerk of parliaments office, it was mainly shadowing the clerk and his assistants and going to some cool meetings which has confidential stuff in them. You get to sit in the public gallery and listen when the house is debating. Also, I had the opportunity of picking the debates out for each day of the week out of a hat, it was so fun! But the most funnnnnnest thing ever is getting a security pass which you can walk around all parliament with and if security stop you then you hold it up and just walk straight past, go explore the building and offices! After all it's all in a castle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry just saw this so apologies for bumping!

That's so great to hear! I'm at the committee office.
How many people were with you? What exactly did your mentor do? What did you wear?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending