The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PasserbyA
I read that too, but as they did say "economics isn't required", so in order not to disadvantage those who did not take economics, they're probably not going to weight it very heavily.

Well they said to put in your reference if your school didn't offer it so they know why you didn't do it which implies that they basically expect you to have it unless you physically couldn't do it. Applicants will have a hard time convincing the admissions team that they're passionate about economics if they didn't even choose to study it when given the opportunity.

I'm not saying it's impossible but if you personally chose not to do economics then your application is disadvantaged.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by LSEismadream
Could I pm you my PS so that you could see if I have a chance of getting in?

Sure mate
Original post by Qwerty03
Hi, do you think that students in LSE get better deal while applying for internships and eventually jobs after 4 years of degree than students from Uni of Oxford after 3 year degree? I am interested in studying PPE.

The difference between job opportunities for Oxford and LSE is minimal, as they are both the most desired unis by employers. However, I do believe LSE slightly edges Oxford in terms of the number of successfully gained internships. Being in the heart of London really does have its benefits.
I am quite nervous about whether I will have an offer or not as I think that my personal statement is not that good
Original post by MrBowcat
The difference between job opportunities for Oxford and LSE is minimal, as they are both the most desired unis by employers. However, I do believe LSE slightly edges Oxford in terms of the number of successfully gained internships. Being in the heart of London really does have its benefits.

Thank you:smile:
Original post by charmaine_k
I am quite nervous about whether I will have an offer or not as I think that my personal statement is not that good

Same! I just feel that my ps will never be good enough for LSE. What are you applying for?
Original post by leftchr
Same! I just feel that my ps will never be good enough for LSE. What are you applying for?

I am applying for Acturial Science, what about you?
I am applying for Acturial Science, what about you?

I am applying for Management. Did you get the 8 week?
Original post by leftchr
I am applying for Management. Did you get the 8 week?

Not yet, how about you? I just send off my UCAS last week so I think I may have to wait for a longer time .
Anybody applies for PPE? I got 8 weeks in Nov 16th (I'm in American system, so I take AP instead of A-level.)
I sent my application before 3 weeks ago. I am at the 8 week process. 2/8 :frown: good luck! :smile: where else did you apply?
Not yet, how about you? I just send off my UCAS last week so I think I may have to wait for a longer time .
Hi all,

Is this forum/thread also has applicants who are applying for Graduate study?

Thanks
Original post by madmax06
Hi all,

Is this forum/thread also has applicants who are applying for Graduate study?

Thanks

undergraduate
For people who've got the 8 week email & either an offer/a decline, how long did it take for LSE to get back to you after you got the email?
Original post by elibalt
For people who've got the 8 week email & either an offer/a decline, how long did it take for LSE to get back to you after you got the email?

I got the 8 week email on the 2/11 and received an offer on the 13/11 :smile:
Reply 2155
I sent in my application for PPE on October 12th(I´m from Germany). Got my 8 week-mail on Nov. 2nd.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by fluzzles98
I got the 8 week email on the 2/11 and received an offer on the 13/11 :smile:
'

What course did you apply for?
Original post by leftchr
I sent my application before 3 weeks ago. I am at the 8 week process. 2/8 :frown: good luck! :smile: where else did you apply?

Warwick, UCL, imperial and Kings
I got the 8 week email on Oct 26th. So on my 6th week now.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by the-anonymous-me
'

What course did you apply for?

Government

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending