The Student Room Group

The witch-hunt against the racist Chelsea fans begins

I was appalled by the video of the racist Chelsea fans pushing the French gentleman off the train, and I strongly hope that those responsible are prosecuted.

However, I have noticed that the media have already begun their witch-hunt against those on the carriage at the time of the incident. Case in point here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2959280/Former-public-schoolboy-season-ticket-holder-one-fans-train-racist-football-thugs-claims-friend-Twitter.html

From the video, it's not clear that he either pushed the guy off the train or joined in the chanting. It seems to be a case of guilt by association going on. We also don't know whether they were a group of friends, or strangers to each other.

I would hate to now be a Chelsea fan who had tried to squeeze into a space in that carriage, and had not been involved in this. These people are going to be hunted down by the media and their names will be dragged through the mud.

It just seems that any indication of sexual offences or racism, and the media goes bonkers and starts a witch-hunt.

Whilst I want to see those responsible prosecuted, I do not agree with this trial by media.
"Got my Chavskis in Paris, and they're goin' gorillas,

huh?!"
Reply 2
Nothing good ever comes from the media. They are disgraceful and need to learn their place.
Reply 3
From what I saw, there wasn't a peep in opposition. Silence is compliance, and judgment day is imminent!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Truths
From what I saw, there wasn't a peep in opposition. Silence is compliance, and judgment day is imminent!

If you were by yourself, and a gang of people were doing something wrong, I don't think you'd have spoken up. It would probably be dangerous to do so.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Chief Wiggum
If you were by yourself, and a gang of people were doing something wrong, I don't think you'd have spoken up. It would probably be dangerous to do so.

Yep, spot on. It's not as if it's uncommon for supporters of the same club to fight each other either.
Original post by Truths

How do you know from that small video clip alone?

And it's all well and good saying silence is compliance when you're not stuck in a carriage with a baying mob.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Truths

You've obviously not had any experience of football crowds.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by shawn_o1
"Got my Chavskis in Paris, and they're goin' gorillas,

huh?!"

I don't even know what that means.
It was sickening but unless they can be identified on vid while chanting or pushing (which from what I saw some could be) there Isn't a lot that they can do or should do.
Souleymane, the black man that was pushed, was interviewed today on French TV. He has a lawyer and wishes that as many of these supporters end in prison.
He's cute tho. Would be banged.
Ignore the media, they sensationalise everything. But this is a big issue which is why people are so up in arms. I'd be more pissed if people weren't making a big deal about this because it desperately needs to be sorted. Especially considering it only takes one moment for scum like those guys so start throwing punches because 'someone looked at them funny'. It happens all the time.
Original post by jam277
I don't even know what that means.

You, your racist friends and your strret rat should be shamed of your club
Original post by ShotsFired-9941
You, your racist friends and your strret rat should be shamed of your club

You've completely failed to see the reference me and Shawn was making.
It's genuinely terrifying how everyone is assuming that the guy named in the press is guilty.
Original post by Chief Wiggum

Especially with Chelsea fans, who are all violent drunken thugs. They would beat you up in a heartbeat. They're all like that you know. Especially the children.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Especially with Chelsea fans, who are all violent drunken thugs. They would beat you up in a heartbeat. They're all like that you know. Especially the children.

Lol, I'm not really sure if you're being sarcastic or what point you're trying to make. :p:
The MSM have found their greatest prize, white waycists - cue massively hyped and disproportionate coverage and silly little show trials. Shame they're not so worried about racism in Rotherham etc. These people are beyond forgiveness for the damage they have done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending