The Student Room Group

Need advice urgently, subway

Hey, basically for the last two days I had a trial shift at subway. The first day I ended up in tears because I found it difficult (no one know I was upset) but the second day was alright and today I got a call that I got the job and she said she will ring me tomorrow about the days I could do and that HOWEVER I'm not sure if I want to work at subway considering that Im 16 and the pay there is £3.79 per hour and i honestly do not think it's worth it as you work so hard and get paid so little. Moreover I have applied at Primark and I beli I can get the job their even though they take a while to get back to you and their pay is decent and I also went to a make-up shop in town and the manager said he's not hiring yet but he will be in Easter and he will look forward for me working their ect so I'm basically clueless on what to do :s-smilie: the good thing about subway is that you get free subways and drink and the people I work with are alright oh and I shoul probably mention I don't desperetly need a job :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by dumb cabbage
Hey, basically for the last two days I had a trial shift at subway. The first day I ended up in tears because I found it difficult (no one know I was upset) but the second day was alright and today I got a call that I got the job and she said she will ring me tomorrow about the days I could do and that HOWEVER I'm not sure if I want to work at subway considering that Im 16 and the pay there is £3.79 per hour and i honestly do not think it's worth it as you work so hard and get paid so little. Moreover I have applied at Primark and I beli I can get the job their even though they take a while to get back to you and their pay is decent and I also went to a make-up shop in town and the manager said he's not hiring yet but he will be in Easter and he will look forward for me working their ect so I'm basically clueless on what to do :s-smilie: the good thing about subway is that you get free subways and drink and the people I work with are alright oh and I shoul probably mention I don't desperetly need a job :biggrin:

You could take the job till easter and build up a bit of money/experience, but I wouldn't be too keen on working for less than £4 an hour. At 16 I got a job in a restaurant paying £6.10 or so.
Original post by pjm600
You could take the job till easter and build up a bit of money/experience, but I wouldn't be too keen on working for less than £4 an hour. At 16 I got a job in a restaurant paying £6.10 or so.

That's what I was thinking but I don't really want to work there if I'm not getting paid as much. What restaurant did you get work at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by dumb cabbage
That's what I was thinking but I don't really want to work there if I'm not getting paid as much. What restaurant did you get work at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't, but the experience might come in handy if it's your first job. It was just a local one
Hmm true, I'm not too sure I'm really confused like I guess it would be okay if I worked their but then I really don't want to 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending