The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Rejections?!?! 2015?

I haven't heard back yet, but has LSE given out any rejections yet or are they still to come?

Scroll to see replies

Also state your course, GCSE and predicted grades. It would be interesting to know. That's if you don't mind.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Application- International Relations AAA
Requirements- X2 course subjects ie English and Economics and experience
GCSE- 6A's 3b's 2CS's
AS- AAAB- English Literature, Economics, Drama and Media
A2- A*AA English Literature, Economics, Drama
Extra- House Captain/Journalism/Vlog/3 months volunteering in Africa (2014)/2 businesses
Reply 3
Application - PPE
Requirements: A*AA
GCSE: 10A*
AS: 3A 1B (History, Economics, Maths and Latin (the B))
A2 predictions: 3A* (History, Economics and Maths)
Extra: Head Boy, Chair of Politics/economics society, politically active, rugby, drama, music etc

They said my AS/A2 grades were not as competitive as other candidates (presume they mean the B in Latin, which is annoying as it was 1UMS off the A )

Oh well - it is what it is - move on and prove them wrong :smile:
Reply 4
Applicaiton - Accounting & Finance
Requirements: AAA
IGCSE: 8A*2A
AS: 3A (Physics, Chemistry, Chinese)
A2: 1A* (Maths)
AS Predictions: 2A (Accounting, English)
A2 Predictions: A*A*A* (Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry)
Extra: had 2 months worth of work experience in an accounting firm and a finance department of a firm, competitive swimmer, accounting mentor at school, attended summer courses on finance, International student.

said my subject choice was not considered as suitable as the combinations offered by other similar applicants for the programme.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by new001
Extra: had 2 months worth of work experience in various accounting/finance firms.

said my subject choice was not considered as suitable as the combinations offered by other similar applicants for the programme.

They must be having a laugh. That is the most BS I have heard so far from them and this is only Accounting & Finance.
(edited 9 years ago)
I can officially confirm that getting into LSE is just as hard as getting into Oxbridge.
Original post by new001
Extra: had 2 months worth of work experience in various accounting/finance firms, competitive swimmer, accounting mentor at school

are they taking the piss?

Did you have low maths ums scores or fm as before applying?
Reply 8
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
are they taking the piss?

Did you have low maths ums scores or fm as before applying?

i got A* for maths already, finished it in 1st year of 6th form but my school doesnt certify it until end of 2nd year. So technically my predicted grades are A*A*A*A*aa. All my AS subjects are above 90 except chinese, average 94%. No papers done for FM yet. Accounting and English is done over 2 years. Did AS chinese during GCSEs
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by new001
i got A* for maths already, finished it in 1st year of 6th form but my school doesnt certify it until end of 2nd year. So technically my predicted grades are A*A*A*A*aa. No papers done for FM yet. Accounting and English is done over 2 years. Did AS chinese during GCSEs

Your rejection dwarfs the Laura Spence incident.
Original post by new001
i got A* for maths already, finished it in 1st year of 6th form but my school doesnt certify it until end of 2nd year. So technically my predicted grades are A*A*A*A*aa. All my AS subjects are above 90 except chinese, average 94%. No papers done for FM yet. Accounting and English is done over 2 years. Did AS chinese during GCSEs

That is ridiculous. I am genuinely amazed.

Maybe it was not having fm as but if I were lse admissions I would take you instantly. Wow.

Enjoy Cambridge though :smile:
Reply 11
Although I meet all the requirements for IR, I fully expect a rejection because my grades aren't exceptional like all of yours although your subjects have higher entry requirements. Its fairly obvious that I wont get it, but they still haven't got back to me! It is torture! :frown:(((
Reply 12
Original post by rubytues96
Although I meet all the requirements for IR, I fully expect a rejection because my grades aren't exceptional like all of yours although your subjects have higher entry requirements. Its fairly obvious that I wont get it, but they still haven't got back to me! It is torture! :frown:(((

How far into your 12 week wait are you? I think a lot of people hear back (mostly for acceptances) on the last week of the period. It feels like an exruciatingly long time, but don't give up yet! They care about more than grades.
Reply 13
Original post by Lech
How far into your 12 week wait are you? I think a lot of people hear back (mostly for acceptances) on the last week of the period. It feels like an exruciatingly long time, but don't give up yet! They care about more than grades.

Thanks :3 I'm over the 12 weeks now :/ it expired on Thursday, tbh the email said "up to 4 weeks" so I wasn't expecting it to go over, I thought I'd hear back sooner
Reply 14
Thanks :3 I'm over the 12 weeks now :/ it expired on Thursday, tbh the email said "up to 4 weeks" so I wasn't expecting it to go over, I thought I'd hear back sooner

Hm. Well, I can't say I fully understand the way that LSE does things...but if they said up to 4 weeks, I wouldn't get worried 'til Day 29 if I were you :smile: just try and keep calm and keep your mind off it (I know full well how difficult that sounds). Lots of people have gotten rejections by now-and you aren't one of them. Good luck!

I was told yesterday by a Departmental Admissions Tutor at a different Uni that his department alone has seen a 20% rise in the number of applications and that the Uni as a whole has had significant increases in applications. He said that it was the same all over the country. If that is the case, I guess that Unis are still using their old timeframes and stock emails to notify people of these timeframes but they are not coping with the increased volume.
If you have been waiting this long, you have to think that your application is very good as you would have been rejected by now if it werent.
Reply 16

I got an offer for BSc IR the other day on the final day of my 8 week period and I really JUST hit the required marks. You don't -need- to have A*A*A*A* for an AAA course.
Just got rejected for both Economic History and Social Policy. A*A*A*A predicted, 4 As at AS, IGCSEs with a B average. International applicant, PPE-focused personal statement.
Original post by triplesevenlover
Just got rejected for both Economic History and Social Policy. A*A*A*A predicted, 4 As at AS, IGCSEs with a B average. International applicant, PPE-focused personal statement.

Damn rejections today?
Seems like it..No email from LSE about it though, just an update on Track.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending