The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Meng Computing - still no answer. Is it too late?

Hi there.
I applied for the Meng Computing course at Imperial on 28th November.
But I still haven't got any answer. I know that the last interview period at Imperial for computing is Marc, the 4th. So regarding this, is it not to late to be accepted? The interview is less than 2 weeks away.

Scroll to see replies

You could still be accepted. I know it's irritating that unis take their time but they have every right to with so many applicants. Not all hope has been lost, you still have a chance.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by horatiu11
Hi there.
But I still haven't got any answer. I know that the last interview period at Imperial for computing is Marc, the 4th. So regarding this, is it not to late to be accepted? The interview is less than 2 weeks away.

I also applied for the Meng Computing at the end of November and haven't received any answer from them. Very frustrating indeed!
I applied October 15th and only got my interview offer like the day before half term (for March 4th) -- so don't lose hope! My friend had warning like a week before for his Physics interview and while that's a different subject it's not unheard of of having very little notice from them.
Reply 4
Hi there.

I'm in the same boat. Called them up at one point, and they said they are trying their best to fairly process all applicants, as usual there has been a spike in applications.
Reply 5
Hmmm. I am quite nervous. Only one week left until the last interview at Imperial and still no answer. If I will not receive an interview request, this would mean rejection? Or there are other possibilities to be accepted?...
Reply 6
If you don't get anything my mid-March then I am afraid it is. You still have some hope left.
Hmmm. I am quite nervous. Only one week left until the last interview at Imperial and still no answer. If I will not receive an interview request, this would mean rejection? Or there are other possibilities to be accepted?...

I've heard they have organized another interview day at the end of March. Maybe Not all hope is lost
I got an interview invite today for 4th of March and I hear that there's another interview day on the 18th, if you don't hear something by like 14th of March then start panicking but right now just chill.
I still havent heard anything back too :frown: , I applied for the Beng (G400) though
Original post by Hhassan66
I still havent heard anything back too :frown: , I applied for the Beng (G400) though

Same here. I applied like end of November. To be honest I don't mind getting rejected but the fact that they just keep you hanging till the last minute is very frustrating for me. I guess they say that they "want" predicted grades of A*AA but they're probably looking for grades higher than the minimum requirements since every person I know that has had an interview has got a higher prediction than the minimum requirements. But then again CS is one of their most popular courses so I can understand that they want the best people but I would prefer if them to be like Oxbridge who reject straight away if they don't want you. Good luck to other people who applied Imperial and I wanted to ask what are your predicted grades?
Original post by vedant1797
Same here. I applied like end of November. To be honest I don't mind getting rejected but the fact that they just keep you hanging till the last minute is very frustrating for me. I guess they say that they "want" predicted grades of A*AA but they're probably looking for grades higher than the minimum requirements since every person I know that has had an interview has got a higher prediction than the minimum requirements. But then again CS is one of their most popular courses so I can understand that they want the best people but I would prefer if them to be like Oxbridge who reject straight away if they don't want you. Good luck to other people who applied Imperial and I wanted to ask what are your predicted grades?

The worst thing about it is they keep sending you those stupid promotional emails at literally 2am in the morning :angry:. My predicted grades are A*AA in physics maths and biology respectively wbu?
A*AA in Maths, Further Maths and Physics. And I feel what you mean lol. Its like they're rubbing salt on the wounds haha. I got an offer from UCL so I won't be too disheartened if I get rejected by Imperial but yeah an offer or at least an interview at Imperial would've been amazing. Their next and last interview date is next Wednesday and I haven't been invited to it. And I think my prediction is right they mostly tend to interview people above the minimum grade requirements which kind of sucks as there's no point of having them if you're always looking for more.
Original post by vedant1797
A*AA in Maths, Further Maths and Physics. And I feel what you mean lol. Its like they're rubbing salt on the wounds haha. I got an offer from UCL so I won't be too disheartened if I get rejected by Imperial but yeah an offer or at least an interview at Imperial would've been amazing. Their next and last interview date is next Wednesday and I haven't been invited to it. And I think my prediction is right they mostly tend to interview people above the minimum grade requirements which kind of sucks as there's no point of having them if you're always looking for more.

Someone on the other thread mentioned that there was an interview date on the 18th of March as well.
Reply 14
Same here...I applied for G400 computing...still desperately waiting for their reply. They sent me an email, told me that I could expect them to tell me whether I will get an offer from them... It has been 2 weeks plus since i received that email...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your lucky I haven't even received an email :-(. What are your predicted grades?
Reply 16
I'm an international applicant from Singapore. I'm using Singapore-poly diploma to apply...my predicted GPA is 4.0/4.0...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you have a Skype interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Nope. But I had a computing admission test two weeks ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I applied last year, was sent details for an admission test - got a conditional offer, rejected it because my family was still contemplating on it.

Applied this year, no admission test sent out. Does that mean that they used last year's test results in considering an offer? Man, the wait is really grinding for me. :|

Oh, for the record, I am from Singapore and I took the A Levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending