The Student Room Group

Will I be caught up on my attendance for one of my modules

I am in my 2nd semester at university, passing all my exams in my first semester. After week 6 in my 2nd term for one of my modules I have only attended 4 of the 6 seminars, but they only have me marked down for 3, as I turned up late to one (delayed train) and forgot to register myself. The other 2 absence's I was ill so didn't go in. I am worried they are going to call me in for a disciplinary hearing, and if my parents found out they would flip at me. The module handbook states that out of the 12 weeks, you must attend at least 4 seminars, not the fail the module all together, and attend at least 7 for your grades not to be affected at all. If I attending the rest I would of been marked down for 9/12 of the weeks, so would be fine. My attendance for my other modules are better, two being 100% and the other having attended 4/6 seminars. Should I worry, or just make sure I don't miss another. They say in the module handbook if your close to hitting one of the attendance regulations, they will send your a warning e mail.
Reply 1
If you miss seminars due to illness, there must be a way of registering this formally with the uni so that you aren't penalised. They wouldn't expect soneone to attend, for example, if they had a migraine.

I woukd be brave and ask to talk through your concerns with your course leader or a member of the student support function at your uni. If you were genuinely ill, you should have nothing to worry about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending