The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Murray Edwards College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
:smile: So glad that someone agrees! No one at school seems to understand at all - it was bad enough trying to explain what the pool was, but now everyone seems to think they're being thoughtful by asking! Then there's the stupid ex-boyfriend interogating my brother for answers!!

Just need to know now
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 81
theduffy
:smile: So glad that someone agrees! No one at school seems to understand at all - it was bad enough trying to explain what the pool was, but now everyone seems to think they're being thoughtful by asking! Then there's the stupid ex-boyfriend interogating my brother for answers!!

Just need to know now

Ugh, tell me about it, I just resorted to saying, 'I'm through to the next stage'. Not quite true but close enough!
Reply 82
Subbacultcha
i agree! i hate it when people say that! also, when i say i havent heard they say "oh, but let me know when you hear" and i think to myself "hmmm, there is no need to do that, as i know full well the next time i see you you'll ask me!!" :rolleyes:

lol
Reply 83
mousy
Ugh, tell me about it, I just resorted to saying, 'I'm through to the next stage'. Not quite true but close enough!

Same here! I've just told everyone, "It's like a maybe" and hoped that would do!

How do you feel about the inevitable letter though? Do you still really want to go, or are you okay with your other offers? Atm, I really just don't know
Reply 84
theduffy
Same here! I've just told everyone, "It's like a maybe" and hoped that would do!

How do you feel about the inevitable letter though? Do you still really want to go, or are you okay with your other offers? Atm, I really just don't know

I think a rejection after having the process dragged out over an extra month would not feel good, plus obviously Cambridge is my first choice, it has imo the best english course, plus I really liked new hall when i went for interview. However, I got an offer from st andrews on friday which is probably my second choice so at least I have a plan B if I don't get in. The main thing at the moment is just to know, I hate the waiting!
Reply 85
Agreed :smile: I tried to stop myself from liking New Hall too much, so that a rejection wouldn't seem so bad, but it was just so friendly
same - i wanted to hate it so then if i was rejected i wouldnt care, but i really liked it :frown:
Reply 87
The post has just arrived........and there is diddly squat from new hall.

The waiting continues.
Reply 88
mousy
The waiting continues.

Same for me! I absolutely have to hear tomorrow! I'm going to Paris and I don't want to spoil the trip by worrying about the damn post
Reply 89
I heard from my original college today, I didn't get in. I also got rejected from Durham today and had two rubbish exams so im feeling pretty rubbish,.
Reply 90
:frown: Awwww I don't really know you but :hugs: I still haven't heard, but I've given up all hope
Im really sorry for you mousy, like theduffy said, i don't really know you but i really feel for you. But look on the bright side, you will have a lot of fun at st andrews, probably more so than at cambridge coz it won't be so tough all the time. And if you're of a high enough standard to get pooled by cambridge (bearing in mind i know some real super-genius ppl who got rejected) then you will do well wherever you go.
Anyways good luck!
Reply 92
As a first year I can really back up what xxsarahjwxx said. Cambridge life is really tough, and other uni's are good so don't give up hope. I also know people way cleverer than me that got rejections: so don't let it get you down. You could have the time of your life at uni somewhere else, and, if you're thinking of careers and world class academics, then it's still all acheivable. Honestly, a lot of the people I know who were rejected don't have any regrets now, they're really loving their course where they are. (Not that Cambridge isn't good in it's way - but it doesn't have a monopoly on good experiences)

Best of luck with your exams and everything everybody :smile:
rejected by new hall, in post yesterday (letter from original college)... bad luck mousy! i dont feel too diappointed, felt it coming when all the people on here got calls and i didnt! ah well, bristol medic 07 it is then!! :p:

the duffy have you heard?
Reply 94
Subbacultcha
rejected by new hall, in post yesterday (letter from original college)... bad luck mousy! i dont feel too diappointed, felt it coming when all the people on here got calls and i didnt! ah well, bristol medic 07 it is then!! :p:

the duffy have you heard?

sorry to hear that! oh well, we shall move on and have fab times at other unis :biggrin:
mousy
sorry to hear that! oh well, we shall move on and have fab times at other unis :biggrin:

indeed! :p: and no saturday lectures!!!
Reply 96
Got my rejection today too. I was kind of okay with it; kind of sad, but it was what I was expecting. I then had a half hour lecture from my headmaster on why I should reapply next year, so now I'm just confused :confused:

What are you all going to do?
Reply 97
theduffy
Got my rejection today too. I was kind of okay with it; kind of sad, but it was what I was expecting. I then had a half hour lecture from my headmaster on why I should reapply next year, so now I'm just confused :confused:

im so sorry to hear that, none of us have been very lucky!!
im going to go to either kcl or st andrews next year, which i am ecstatic about :biggrin:
theduffy

:frown: bad luck. im going to bristol this coming year.. well, thats what i think im gonna do! could change my mind and go to london between now and then, but probs not!

as for reapplying, what is more important for you?! cambridge, or the subject you want to study? for me, medicine is just really really really (!) what i want to do, so i'll be happy wherever i go. But if for you, cambridge is the most important, it might be worth considering reapplying... youve got a bit of time to decide i guess, but decide carefully! what happens if you dont get it next year either?!

anyway, good luck with what you do choose to do :p: let us know...

ps how was paris?!
Reply 99
Just got back! Paris was great thanks - made me realise that I don't want to go to Camrbridge. Need some languages with my history!

Quick Reply