The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Accomodation 2015

Scroll to see replies

This UCAS thing is really unfair, got caught by it and now all of my preferred accommodation has gone.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by kcorbins
Hi, do any of the types of accommodation have carpets, they all seem to have wooden floors in the pictures?

Hi,

In my experience all the accommodation has wooden floors, but I actually preferred it to carpet as it's a lot easier to keep clean than a carpet and having to do less cleaning is always good.

Any other questions let me know :smile:

Claire
Original post by anorris13
This UCAS thing is really unfair, got caught by it and now all of my preferred accommodation has gone.

Hi,

I am really sorry you haven't been able to get your first choice, but I can honestly say that all the accommodation at Bath is really nice.

I have visited a lot of universities and I have seen some quite old and not very nice accommodation, but even the older stuff on campus is still really good. I lived in Eastwood and loved it. It was really sociable and having to share a bathroom wasn't really an issue.
If you have any questions about the accommodation, please let me know

Claire
Reply 163
Thanks Carly. Can you tell me something about John Wood Building city accommodation? I am worrying that I might not be able to get a room on campus.

Original post by University Of Bath
Hi Boo,

The choice between these two halls really depends on your preferences.

In Polden Court the main differences are that it is fully catered, with £55 credit for food each week and flats can be shared by 5/8 students (on level 1) or 22/24 students (levels 2 & 3). You are also able to choose between three different sized rooms.

In the Quads you only get £27.50 catering credit as it is part-catered, and flats are shared by 8-10 students.

The choice between the two would depend on whether you would prefer full or part catered and how many people you would like to share a flat with.

I hope this helps with the decison, if there's anything else you'd like to know feel free to quote me.

Carly
Reply 164
Original post by Ssmma
I applied for Quads as my first choice this morning. Anyone know the rough chances of me getting it provided I get the grades?

I was at a Bath dept open day yesterday and we were told that there are no longer any rooms available at Quads. Not sure when it got fully booked, you may still be lucky. Though the semi self catered bit seemed a bit pointless.
Original post by booagoo
Thanks Carly. Can you tell me something about John Wood Building city accommodation? I am worrying that I might not be able to get a room on campus.

Hi,

The John Wood Building is in the city, quite close to the bus and train stations. The rooms are really nice and quite large. There are bus stops really close to the building for you to catch a bus up to campus and the buses run every 10 minutes or so. You will have an en suite room and will share a flat with 7 to 10 other students. If you want to see where the building is in relation to the main campus and the rest of the city you can look at this city map.

There may still be some on campus accommodation left so apply as soon as you can!

If there's anything else you'd like to know about John Wood Building or anything else just quote me!

Carly
Hi,

In my experience all the accommodation has wooden floors, but I actually preferred it to carpet as it's a lot easier to keep clean than a carpet and having to do less cleaning is always good.

Any other questions let me know :smile:

Claire

That's annoying, is there any way to get the uni to fit carpets into your room? I really want carpets! It would be nice if you raised this issue to the Student's Union as I think many people would prefer carpets. Thanks!
Original post by kcorbins
That's annoying, is there any way to get the uni to fit carpets into your room? I really want carpets! It would be nice if you raised this issue to the Student's Union as I think many people would prefer carpets. Thanks!

There were carpets in my first year in Solsbury/Malborough.

Seriously though ...
Reply 168
I just firmed Bath today! :smile:
How do people know the status of availability of particular rooms? I'm rather anxious I've lost out on some accommodation due to not submitting my applications thus far. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I just firmed Bath today! :smile:
How do people know the status of availability of particular rooms? I'm rather anxious I've lost out on some accommodation due to not submitting my applications thus far. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

Congrats on firming Bath! Look forward to seeing you in September!

When you apply for accommodation on the form it will tell you which options are available.

Feel free to quote me with other questions.

Sam
Reply 170
Hi,

Congrats on firming Bath! Look forward to seeing you in September!

When you apply for accommodation on the form it will tell you which options are available.

Feel free to quote me with other questions.

Sam

Thanks Sam! How does the application process pan out after I've chosen accommodation? Will I hear anything until results day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all,

Just went on to Bath accommodation website and found all the ensuite rooms have gone which has made me feel really annoyed as a big part of choosing Bath was because the accommodation I had seen- quads and woodland court was really good. Really feeling a bit unnerved about not having ensuite as I've basically had my own bathroom since my sibling left to university years ago. Which out of the ones listed below have the nicest bathrooms as they aren't pictured on the accommodation website? Any other factors that are better or worse in those below?

Thanks in advance.

Options left on campus are:
Brendon Court
Westwood
Eastwood
Original post by CD223
Thanks Sam! How does the application process pan out after I've chosen accommodation? Will I hear anything until results day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

You will probably get an email confirming that they have received your application, but you won't know where you have been allocated until after results day. This is because the accommodation office can't confirm who goes where until they know how many people have met their offers, follow this link for more information on the room allocation policy.

Hope this helps, any other questions just let me know :smile:

Thanks

Claire
Original post by peanut594
Hi all,

Just went on to Bath accommodation website and found all the ensuite rooms have gone which has made me feel really annoyed as a big part of choosing Bath was because the accommodation I had seen- quads and woodland court was really good. Really feeling a bit unnerved about not having ensuite as I've basically had my own bathroom since my sibling left to university years ago. Which out of the ones listed below have the nicest bathrooms as they aren't pictured on the accommodation website? Any other factors that are better or worse in those below?

Thanks in advance.

Options left on campus are:
Brendon Court
Westwood
Eastwood

Hi,

I can imagine it's a bit frustrating that your first choice has gone but all the other accommodation is still a high quality, and when it comes to living off campus in your second year and beyond, it's highly likely you will have a shared bathroom then.

I have only really seen the Eastwood and some of the Westwood bathrooms, as the style may change between the different blocks in Westwood. I lived in Eastwood and we had three toilets and two showers between 13 of us, and we never really had many time clashes. The toilets and showers are in separate rooms as well which helps. I lived in the Eastwood that had a sink in my room so I could brush my teeth etc in my room which removes some dependence on the shared bathroom.

The Westwood bathrooms I have seen were in Quarry which is one of the long corridor style blocks and they had large rooms containing several separate shower and toilet cubicles. This style meant that there was a lot more showers so less likely to have any time clashes and people said they soon got used to the layout. The Westwood rooms also have sinks.

Hope this helps and any more questions please let me know :smile:

Thanks

Claire
Reply 174
Hi,

You will probably get an email confirming that they have received your application, but you won't know where you have been allocated until after results day. This is because the accommodation office can't confirm who goes where until they know how many people have met their offers, follow this link for more information on the room allocation policy.

Hope this helps, any other questions just let me know :smile:

Thanks

Claire

Hi Claire,

Okay, thanks for the info:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I can imagine it's a bit frustrating that your first choice has gone but all the other accommodation is still a high quality, and when it comes to living off campus in your second year and beyond, it's highly likely you will have a shared bathroom then.

I have only really seen the Eastwood and some of the Westwood bathrooms, as the style may change between the different blocks in Westwood. I lived in Eastwood and we had three toilets and two showers between 13 of us, and we never really had many time clashes. The toilets and showers are in separate rooms as well which helps. I lived in the Eastwood that had a sink in my room so I could brush my teeth etc in my room which removes some dependence on the shared bathroom.

The Westwood bathrooms I have seen were in Quarry which is one of the long corridor style blocks and they had large rooms containing several separate shower and toilet cubicles. This style meant that there was a lot more showers so less likely to have any time clashes and people said they soon got used to the layout. The Westwood rooms also have sinks.

Hope this helps and any more questions please let me know :smile:

Thanks

Claire

Hi Claire,

Thank you for you advice. Feeling a lot more confident now.

Hopefully I get in to Bath in September!
Reply 176
Hi there,
I am trying to choose between Brendon Court and Westwood right now because my offers came late (I originally wanted the quads). Brendon court seems to be the better option with the slightly bigger rooms (apparently) and catering plan, though the fact that many of these rooms are still available makes me worry that I have missed something. However, I think I want to sometimes cook and sometimes buy things when eating at university, so should I choose westwood or brendon court? Which would be the cheaper option in my case? I also want a place that is quite social (Brendon court seems quite secluded to me, but I might be completely wrong).
Some help as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated because I need to apply tomorrow.
Thanks,
Jena
Original post by Jena.R
Hi there,
I am trying to choose between Brendon Court and Westwood right now because my offers came late (I originally wanted the quads). Brendon court seems to be the better option with the slightly bigger rooms (apparently) and catering plan, though the fact that many of these rooms are still available makes me worry that I have missed something. However, I think I want to sometimes cook and sometimes buy things when eating at university, so should I choose westwood or brendon court? Which would be the cheaper option in my case? I also want a place that is quite social (Brendon court seems quite secluded to me, but I might be completely wrong).
Some help as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated because I need to apply tomorrow.
Thanks,
Jena

Hi Jena,

I'm sorry you missed out on the Quads but don't worry, all of the accommodation is good quality and everyone has fun wherever they are!
As you know, the main difference between these two choices is the catering credit so it really depends on whether you'd prefer to eat on campus or cook for yourself. Brendon court does have a kitchen on each floor for making light meals and snacks so this would be possible. However, if you think you might do this quite often it may be better to choose Westwood as I'm worried you won't use all of your credit after paying for it every week!
Don't be worried that these options are left, Westwood has a large number of rooms available and the most popular options are Woodland, Marlborough/Solsbury and the Quads so these will go first.
For the social aspect, I know that Westwood is in a good location and because of the large numbers of rooms it is a fairly social residence.

I hope this information helps you make a decision! If there's anything else you'd like to know feel free to quote me.

Carly
Hi,

I just firmed my place today and went on to apply for accommodation but it doesn't let me register. Do I have to wait for a confirmation email for my firm?
Please help me! :'(
I know I've already asked this question before, however I got no responses at all so I'm going to ask it again. Has anyone had their accommodation application verified yet? I applied on the 15th for accommodation so I'm wondering if maybe verification doesn't take place until after our grades our confirmed in August, or is it something different?

Quick Reply

Latest