The Student Room Group

Article: Why now is the best time to start revising

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dynomit999
I was hyped up for this half term to change everything, sort my workload out, start my revision, but surprise surprise its Friday and i have done nothing -.- I get annoyed with myself but i know i need to start soon otherwise im gonna fail my alevels, did visit Nottingham Uni so that added motivation to revise but as soon as i get home its just like meh, ill watch tv. I do get annoyed and im giving myself this chance to start over on Monday when i go back to school, ive set up a few things and i do think this Monday will be my last chance to actually save my alevel grades :L

Are you me?
I was hyped up for this half term to change everything, sort my workload out, start my revision, but surprise surprise its Friday and i have done nothing -.- I get annoyed with myself but i know i need to start soon otherwise im gonna fail my alevels, did visit Nottingham Uni so that added motivation to revise but as soon as i get home its just like meh, ill watch tv. I do get annoyed and im giving myself this chance to start over on Monday when i go back to school, ive set up a few things and i do think this Monday will be my last chance to actually save my alevel grades :L

are you me?
no seriously, I failed to revise properly over half term (laziness and some large events), went to nottingham uni, got motivated and have yet to do anything (hoping to at least get organised tomorrow ready for term start).
If you consider revising to be learning then I need to do a lot of that!Been procrastinating.I've got 4 offers need to meet them all!
Original post by Zargabaath
Are you me?

Mmmmmmmmmaybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CanINurse
are you me?
no seriously, I failed to revise properly over half term (laziness and some large events), went to nottingham uni, got motivated and have yet to do anything (hoping to at least get organised tomorrow ready for term start).

Mate, exactly the same here. Nottm uni was beautiful tho ngl! Haha nah I am planning on tomorrow, today getting everything in order and etc then it's hard work for 4 months until exams are done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mate, exactly the same here. Nottm uni was beautiful tho ngl! Haha nah I am planning on tomorrow, today getting everything in order and etc then it's hard work for 4 months until exams are done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

damn 4 months left...
welp, good luck with the revision man
Original post by CanINurse
damn 4 months left...
welp, good luck with the revision man

Thanks man. Can't wait to get out of sixth form, hate it -.- best of luck to you too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by salma.k
I am totally guilty of doing this, instead of revising and refreshing my notes I've just realised all I've done this half term is literature coursework, and so far it's all waffling... Not a good position to be in I must admit :eek:
I need to make a timetable for this term.

Same dude!

you went to uni of Nottingham? how was it.. i was planning to there also .. got the offer as well
Original post by aisha 56
you went to uni of Nottingham? how was it.. i was planning to there also .. got the offer as well

It was amazing!! Well for engineering anyway :P I loved it and the day definitely made my decision to now firm Nottingham!! the campus is lovely, attractive and new, the students union building is new and all the halls that we were shown look good! The day definitely helped me make my mind up on my choices! What course are you planning to study?
It was amazing!! Well for engineering anyway :P I loved it and the day definitely made my decision to now firm Nottingham!! the campus is lovely, attractive and new, the students union building is new and all the halls that we were shown look good! The day definitely helped me make my mind up on my choices! What course are you planning to study?

Politics and international relations.. I got offers from other unis also.. but my first choice which was LSE rejected me yesterday:frown:. So i don't know what to do now
Politics and international relations.. I got offers from other unis also.. but my first choice which was LSE rejected me yesterday:frown:. So i don't know what to do now

Oh, ouch :L hmm i know the law school is very good in Nottingham uni but im an engineering person which is why Nottingham is definitely the top choice for me atm. Go to a post app undergrad open day and maybe see for yourself? No matter how much i say how amazing the uni is on here, it is always better to see for yourself!! Im from Nottingham myself anyway so i know the city is great aswell, that i can tell you for sure, good nightlife and is just nice in general!
Oh, ouch :L hmm i know the law school is very good in Nottingham uni but im an engineering person which is why Nottingham is definitely the top choice for me atm. Go to a post app undergrad open day and maybe see for yourself? No matter how much i say how amazing the uni is on here, it is always better to see for yourself!! Im from Nottingham myself anyway so i know the city is great aswell, that i can tell you for sure, good nightlife and is just nice in general!

That sounds good. Well I'm just so confused now. Anyway.. how's your revision going..?
That sounds good. Well I'm just so confused now. Anyway.. how's your revision going..?

Good luck, sounds like you've got a tough choice :L Thanks, its alright, sorted out what im doing and when for the last well 10 weeks before exams start, wbu?
Good luck, sounds like you've got a tough choice :L Thanks, its alright, sorted out what im doing and when for the last well 10 weeks before exams start, wbu?

I've completed most of my notes.. Now i'm practicing past papers and going over them every day.. most of my subjects are essay based so i'm busy making essay plans and revising them..
Trying to revise, but I seem to not be able to persuade myself that I can play all the games, watch the shows and do everything I want in the summer instead than now. I dont think I like this deal that I said to myself, nope nope nope
Getting to the stage of remembering stuff, not really having to prepare for lessons... just gotta keeping finishing homework, and tie up loose end (and play tons of cricket)
Plus some bedtime reading
I've completed most of my notes.. Now i'm practicing past papers and going over them every day.. most of my subjects are essay based so i'm busy making essay plans and revising them..

Ah, im opposite, im all exam and past papers but its alot of learning for chemistry and physics despite the past paper practise :L
Had my mock exams for Advanced Higher two weeks ago, Got a B for Maths and for Chemistry. Really didn't expect that, considering I was in hospital for a week before the prelims.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending