The Student Room Group

Article: Why now is the best time to start revising

Scroll to see replies

I've reached the stage where I'm now revising 7 hours a day to cover everything contentwise and for pastpapers. I've finished Stats and Unit 1 Chemistry so doing past papers for them on a regular basis now. I'm most woreied for Chem 4 and 5 though because the stuff is so hard to remember! Hopefully I've finished all of Unit 5's content by the end of April.

I've got 6 exams left to finish up, so i've set a target to complete everything for 3 exams for each month for March and April. May will be just past papers and looking over everything one last time. OnceI've finished the content for each exam as I roll through I'll attempt past papers erstwhile.
Original post by PurpleGhost25175
That's sounds so much like what I did this half term as well. Only I didn't go on any uni visits. I spent the whole day sleeping today and only got up eat lunch, take a shower and have a music lesson. I tried motivating myself as I got mocks in two weeks but meh.

What are the mocks for at your school? Have you finished everything for all your subjects already or is it for the usual 'January' modules?
Original post by dynomit999
I was hyped up for this half term to change everything, sort my workload out, start my revision, but surprise surprise its Friday and i have done nothing -.- I get annoyed with myself but i know i need to start soon otherwise im gonna fail my alevels, did visit Nottingham Uni so that added motivation to revise but as soon as i get home its just like meh, ill watch tv. I do get annoyed and im giving myself this chance to start over on Monday when i go back to school, ive set up a few things and i do think this Monday will be my last chance to actually save my alevel grades :L

im literally in the same position as you. i want to study but at the same time i cant be botherd!!
Original post by JamboGooner
I've reached the stage where I'm now revising 7 hours a day to cover everything contentwise and for pastpapers. I've finished Stats and Unit 1 Chemistry so doing past papers for them on a regular basis now. I'm most woreied for Chem 4 and 5 though because the stuff is so hard to remember! Hopefully I've finished all of Unit 5's content by the end of April.

I've got 6 exams left to finish up, so i've set a target to complete everything for 3 exams for each month for March and April. May will be just past papers and looking over everything one last time. OnceI've finished the content for each exam as I roll through I'll attempt past papers erstwhile.

seems like you got everything planned out!! good luck
Original post by JamboGooner
What are the mocks for at your school? Have you finished everything for all your subjects already or is it for the usual 'January' modules?

My mocks are starting on the 9th of March. I have two psychology exams on the monday, a maths exam on tuesday, a religious studies exam on wednesday and friday.
We haven't finished all of courses just yet. But we are given mocks on all the stuff that we have done so far.
Whey I've been quoted in a TSR article. This is my claim to fame
Reply 46
I started revising for mocks over Christmas hols but got tooooo focused on revising for A2 Chemistry (didnt even finish all topics) ended up with a U in my mock (cos i didnt revise well on the organic topics) and well started Biology and Maths last few days before the hols finished got a d in biology mock and an E in Maths......i think since my mocks i felt abit up and down, sometimes you feel meh why bother and other times you re not motivated at all!!!!!!!! like you guys it makes me also annoyed an frustrated at myself to a point where i just end up crying:frown:.....Hopefully we can pick ourselves up and keep going !!!! (postive thinking :P )

Wish you guys all the best and luck for your summer exams!!! :biggrin:
Original post by AdamCee
Whey I've been quoted in a TSR article. This is my claim to fame

:rave:

You're welcome :wink:
Original post by scrawlx101
going to start leaving my phone downstairs while i revise in my room,....dont want my mum looking at my texts tho....

hide it under the sofa or something lol
Reply 49
It's March! Ee
I got my science unit 1 GCSEs in summer and it is march and have hardly done anything
EEK!!!!!
Reply 51
Guys I'm doing as level any revision tips have two months to finals in may
Original post by wickedpony
I got my science unit 1 GCSEs in summer and it is march and have hardly done anything
EEK!!!!!

You'll be fine, I have 22 exams in total this year, barely done anything, started properly yesterday after procrastinating for two weeks. :cool:. I started revising unit 1, having studied it 2 years ago (I did unit 1 in year 9 but have the exams this year), I realised that unit 1 is really easy having revisited a lot of it in unit 2.
But anyway, back to you. Just get CGP revision guides, you can also get the workbooks if you want and I seem to have some CGP unit 1 practice papers too. The revision guides are my science bible (I have got A*s on every single test in science since year 9 btw.). Plus, the guides I have tell you how to make "the perfect cup of tea" in the back. :biggrin: Other than CGP, go through past papers, with only the unit 1 exams this year you have loads of time to revise, so you will be fine! good luck, and happy science-ing.

(Yes I am aware that 'science-ing' isn't a word.)
Reply 53
I attempted to make a revision timetable, but on here it wants to know the date of the exam. I don't know that yet.
Original post by marmbite
You'll be fine, I have 22 exams in total this year, barely done anything, started properly yesterday after procrastinating for two weeks. :cool:. I started revising unit 1, having studied it 2 years ago (I did unit 1 in year 9 but have the exams this year), I realised that unit 1 is really easy having revisited a lot of it in unit 2.
But anyway, back to you. Just get CGP revision guides, you can also get the workbooks if you want and I seem to have some CGP unit 1 practice papers too. The revision guides are my science bible (I have got A*s on every single test in science since year 9 btw.). Plus, the guides I have tell you how to make "the perfect cup of tea" in the back. :biggrin: Other than CGP, go through past papers, with only the unit 1 exams this year you have loads of time to revise, so you will be fine! good luck, and happy science-ing.

(Yes I am aware that 'science-ing' isn't a word.)

Cool word science-ing awesome:cool:
Reply 55
Original post by wickedpony
EEK!!!!!

you just need a week really to get an A* in unit 1
past papers, cgp revision guide and that's it really :smile:
2-3 hours per module
Lads mocks on 16th for me, screwedd..
:\ Real exams on may 11th :smile: started revision 2 weeks ago but that's not enough to do well in mocks :'(.
Reply 57
Original post by dynomit999
I was hyped up for this half term to change everything, sort my workload out, start my revision, but surprise surprise its Friday and i have done nothing -.- I get annoyed with myself but i know i need to start soon otherwise im gonna fail my alevels, did visit Nottingham Uni so that added motivation to revise but as soon as i get home its just like meh, ill watch tv. I do get annoyed and im giving myself this chance to start over on Monday when i go back to school, ive set up a few things and i do think this Monday will be my last chance to actually save my alevel grades :L

Same!!!!!!

Quick Reply