The Student Room Group

American teenager named Bobbie Beale perplexed by Brits saying she killed Lucy Beale

'The Independent'
After a year-long search to find Lucy Beale’s killer, the culprit was finally revealed to be her 11-year-old brother Bobby last night.

While many responded to the ‘big reveal’ by posting memes on Twitter poking fun at the child killer, one Twitter user didn’t find the news quite so amusing.

Bobbie Beale, a teenager from California, received dozens of tweets asking her why she killed Lucy.

The American was so confused she tweeted to say: “Why are three people from Scotland that I don’t know, tweeting me about killing someone named Lucy….”

After a number of confused interchanges with irate British viewers, she tweeted a picture of herself with the hashtag “#IdidntKillLucy”, adding: “Making the best out of the situation by posting a selfie”.

It later emerged that the teenager’s dog is in fact called Lucy.

EastEnders has been celebrating its 30th anniversary with a week of semi-live shows, which will culminate tonight in a fully live episode that will explore the aftermath of the not-so-shocking reveal.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/lucy-beale-killer-us-teenager-bobbie-beale-asks-why-are-people-from-scotland-tweeting-to-say-i-killed-someone-10058553.html

Lol, I thought this was quite amusing - especially the irony of her dog being called Lucy.
It would've been more funny if she had actually killed her dog :run:
Cue a rash of anonymous death threats online heading her way. :-(
I'm not sure how she should feel about this. Instant celeb status though.
Is this news? The fact that more than one person in the world has the same first and surnames?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending