The Student Room Group

PRTC basic skills exam

Got my PRTC on the 3rd March so been practicing the bleep test, press ups and sit ups so feeling prepared for the fitness test. I want to be prepared as I can so my only real concern now is the bksb as i cant find any examples online.

Is as easy as i have heard? And any example questions?

Scroll to see replies

Hi, how long did it take for you to get your dates after your fitness test? :smile:
Reply 2
Hi was about 2 weeks
Thanks. Hope mines as quick! I passed my fitness test today :smile:
Reply 4
Congratulations it's a good feeling to pass at every stage
Yes it is! I can't wait to know my dates, just a long waiting game :smile:
How long has your process taken so far?
Reply 6
Original post by Jamieleigh7
Thanks. Hope mines as quick! I passed my fitness test today :smile:

I passed mine on Wednesday :smile: Looking forward to PRTC and will get practicing the bleep test more! My application has taken ages but it's probably been one of the most complicated ones ever..

Edit: Found this RAF link that may help?? http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafhalton/aboutus/prestudypages.cfm
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
I applied last June, cheers andy had a look at the functional skills questions. I assume the basic skills are a lot easier than them then
Reply 8
Original post by Carl25
Got my PRTC on the 3rd March so been practicing the bleep test, press ups and sit ups so feeling prepared for the fitness test. I want to be prepared as I can so my only real concern now is the bksb as i cant find any examples online.

Is as easy as i have heard? And any example questions?

Hi Carl

I have recently come back form PRTC so can give you a bit of advice.

Dont worry about the BKSB tests. It really is primary school level multiple choice questions. You need to pass this before taking functional skills.

Practice spelling,punctuation and the difference between their,there etc for english

For maths just brush up on long division and areas etc. The stuff you have mostly likely forgot and don't use in day to day life from GSCE maths.

I left school 8 years ago and found all the tests not to difficult with the knowledge i still remember from school

Good luck pal, Focus on your fitness more than Functional skills, you don't want to be going back to Halton again to re take your fitness
Reply 9
Cheers pappy that a great help! I have been working hard on fitness but was worried about the basic skills for some reason even though I'm decent at maths and English and got level 8 in them in the aptitude.

Bit of revision on the basic be enough then. Take it you passed and any other advice would be appreciated

Cheers
Reply 10
Original post by Carl25
Cheers pappy that a great help! I have been working hard on fitness but was worried about the basic skills for some reason even though I'm decent at maths and English and got level 8 in them in the aptitude.

Bit of revision on the basic be enough then. Take it you passed and any other advice would be appreciated

Cheers

You find out if you pass BKSB because if you don't you can not do Functional skills. You then find out around 5 weeks after PRTC if you have passed functional skills. Its not a problem if you don't pass 1st time you get 3 attempts at the tests. If you fail one exam you come to basic training a couple of days early and if you fail both you start a week before everyone else and then re take the tests.

Read this blog:

https://ryan9900.wordpress.com/prtc/

It tells you everything you need to know about what happens on PRTC. good luck lad!
Reply 11
Yeah read Ryans blog and know he posted on here quite a lot before he joined up, he was a great help to me too.

Been getting level 10 on my practice bleep tests and can do the pressups and sit-ups. Just hope I am going down far enough on the press ups. How far off the ground is the fist used as the counter?

Only 48 hours till I get there now so nerves kicking in but looking forward to finally getting there as been a 9 month wait from when I applied
What trade have you chose? :smile:
Good luck for tomorrow btw! :smile:
Reply 14
Logistics Supplier and cheers :smile: nerves dying down a bit just want go get down there now ha
You'll do great! :biggrin: have to update this page once youre home! I've applied for police and been told the dates are September 😪
Reply 16
I will and thanks! Got level 10 on final practice bleep test this morning so should be good to pass that and sit ups I'm confident. Press ups and the basic skills are my concerns.

Police sounds good, I was limited in my choice of roles due to being cp4
That's great! Keep it up 😁
How many press ups can you do? I'm sure with more practise you'll do even better :smile:. Basic skills are level 2 arent they? Try not to worry too much!
Aw man that's not good! But I'm sure logistics will be a really good career!
Reply 18
Yeah can do 20 press ups but struggle a bit an hope my form is good but feel confident for bleep test and sit-ups.
Basic skills I have heard are easy and that nobody fails them so hopefully they are ha and yeah cheers
Form is key I guess, I'm sure you'll have lots of opportunities to get better at press ups. Got loads of them coming up haha.
I hate this waiting game but it will be well worth it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest