The Student Room Group

UK Sutton Trust Summer School

Scroll to see replies

Original post by discombobulatedM
Just did it after I sent my reply :smile: I put about the same stuff as you said there. I saw it and was confused as to what it could be! I didn't do it when it was send and got a reminder email so I thought I'd better do it:colondollar: Is it April we find out?

Think its the very end of April they start sending out emails and everyone should have a reply by/on the 1st May :smile:
Reply 61
Those who applied for medicine- mind sharing what u got at gcse and what a levels ur doing?
I feel like my application is quite weak compared to others haha.
6A*s and 5As at GCSE
studying biology chemistry english language and psychology.
Reply 62
I applied for medicine I got 1A* 11A for GCSE and I am doing Maths, Physics, Biology and Chemistry at A level. Bad gcse results though :/
I was ****ing myself thinking everyone had already got their offers, im glad nobody has been told yet! I applied for social anthropology at cambridge. Anyone else? Anyone else ****ing themselves for rejection?
Original post by chzm
Those who applied for medicine- mind sharing what u got at gcse and what a levels ur doing?
6A*s and 5As at GCSE
studying biology chemistry english language and psychology.

Also applying for medicine (Bristol), I got 7A* 3A 1B at GCSE so fairly similar to yourself. Studying bio, chem, maths and french currently.

To be honest I don't think academic endeavor has a huge impact on the application, as long as you've achieved 5A*/As at GCSE as they ask for :smile:
I too panicked when I got that survey email :biggrin: I'd also received an email about a week before that because apparently there had been a problem with my application I had to fix as well. I swear every time my email inbox pings I jump out of my skin!
Original post by phillips98
I was ****ing myself thinking everyone had already got their offers, im glad nobody has been told yet! I applied for social anthropology at cambridge. Anyone else? Anyone else ****ing themselves for rejection?

Yep, I never realised just how competitive it is until after I applied so I am so sure I'm going to be rejected! I'll be really disappointed if I am but at this point I do not have high hopes haha
Original post by Bethaaaaany
Yep, I never realised just how competitive it is until after I applied so I am so sure I'm going to be rejected! I'll be really disappointed if I am but at this point I do not have high hopes haha

I know I feel the same. I worked out last year it was 1/15 or 1/20 got accepted I can't remember which. Put a downer on my day though I can tell you that haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Can i ask what a levels those who have applied for the medicine course are doing? :smile: im doung bio, chem , english language and psychology.
Reply 69
Original post by chzm
Can i ask what a levels those who have applied for the medicine course are doing? :smile: im doung bio, chem , english language and psychology.

bio chem maths and geog
Reply 70
Original post by chzm
6A*s and 5As at GCSE

Not doing medicine but I got 2A* 6A and 2B's. Not great I suppose :frown:
Reply 71
I've applied to psychology at Durham but I really don't think I'll get in because my gcse profile (3A* 5A 1B 1C) seems weak compared to other applicants :frown:
I'm taking biology, chemistry, psychology, and religious studies for a level.
Reply 72
Original post by ChloeNR
I've applied to psychology at Durham but I really don't think I'll get in because my gcse profile (3A* 5A 1B 1C) seems weak compared to other applicants :frown:
I'm taking biology, chemistry, psychology, and religious studies for a level.

it depends a lot on the cohort of your school so don't freak too much lol :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by Azula
it depends a lot on the cohort of your school so don't freak too much lol :smile:

Haha thank you :smile: but unfortunately I go to a grammar school and my results would only be considered above average :frown: oh well I suppose
How do they like select people?
Reply 75
Original post by Azula

what do you mean cohort of school? Me and Chloe go to the same school aha
Reply 76
Original post by miacat
what do you mean cohort of school? Me and Chloe go to the same school aha

like how high the pass rate is (5+ A*-C % including English and maths)
Reply 77
Original post by Azula
like how high the pass rate is (5+ A*-C % including English and maths)

Hey, can I ask you a question, if you don't mind.

I meet the majority of the guidelines they set for those who applied - but I go to one of the best sixth form colleges in the country...will that lessen my chance of getting in?
Has anyone applied for Edinburgh
I just got an acceptance ☺️
Reply 79
Original post by CBftw
Hey, can I ask you a question, if you don't mind. I meet the majority of the guidelines they set for those who applied - but I go to one of the best sixth form colleges in the country...will that lessen my chance of getting in?

Me too. No idea. I know someone who got accepted into Bristol today

Quick Reply

Latest