The Student Room Group

UK Sutton Trust Summer School

Has anyone applied yet? I'm definitely applying for medicine but there are only a few university options...:s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeahh I applied for medicine at Cambridge 😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not a medicine, I applied for Engineering/CompSci/Maths at Nottingham! I'm surprised nobody's set up a stalking page yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Well the deadline's in march ^^
I'm applying to Durham for geography/ biological/biomedical, environmental science

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GreenPlum
Not a medicine, I applied for Engineering/CompSci/Maths at Nottingham! I'm surprised nobody's set up a stalking page yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait, can you apply for more than one or is Nottingham doing all those as one option?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lyricalvibe
Wait, can you apply for more than one or is Nottingham doing all those as one option?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can only apply to one uni, and then you put down your preferences

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amelimoo
You can only apply to one uni, and then you put down your preferences

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh OK :smile: I'm guessing the calibre of the uni will affect chances of getting a place right? I want to apply for Cambridge but I also just really want to get a place :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh OK :smile: I'm guessing the calibre of the uni will affect chances of getting a place right? I want to apply for Cambridge but I also just really want to get a place :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I thought! I was picking between 3 and decided considering Durham is my dream uni I'd apply there although now I kinda wish I went for Nottingham!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's all one option at Nottingham which is brilliant for me as I'm not sure which of the three I wanted to do and I guess it might help me decide?
I have applied for Pharmacy at Durham :smile:
I'm applying for history/politics/archeology but cant decide on st Andrews or Nottingham. Any ideas how i can decide between the two
I'm applying for Medicine at Cambridge :smile:
Reply 13
I'm applying now for Computer Science at Imperial :smile:
Original post by dandaman098
I'm applying for history/politics/archeology but cant decide on st Andrews or Nottingham. Any ideas how i can decide between the two

Go for the one ranked higher for your subject?
I've already applied for history at UNIQ though I'm not too confident I'll get it; my personal statement wasn't great. So I thought I'd apply for Sutton Trust too (what have I got to lose). I think I want to apply for history again, but I can't decide between Cambridge and St Andrews. While Cambridge is, well you know Cambridge, the St Andrews course is Classics and History which sounds so cool. So I'm a bit stuck on which to pick.
I'm still undecided as to whether I'm going to go for Oxbridge in October (depends how I do in AS really). So which would be better?
Applied for physics at Cambridge :/
Reply 17
Original post by restless5oul
I've already applied for history at UNIQ though I'm not too confident I'll get it; my personal statement wasn't great. So I thought I'd apply for Sutton Trust too (what have I got to lose). I think I want to apply for history again, but I can't decide between Cambridge and St Andrews. While Cambridge is, well you know Cambridge, the St Andrews course is Classics and History which sounds so cool. So I'm a bit stuck on which to pick.
I'm still undecided as to whether I'm going to go for Oxbridge in October (depends how I do in AS really). So which would be better?

I think you should pick the university that you prefer and the course that would interest you the most as you'd probably have a more enjoyable experience and more to write about ^^
I'm in a pretty similar situation to you, I applied to both but hey let's see, and same here Im basing my results on whether I apply to Cambridge, hope this helps :yes:
Original post by Azula
I think you should pick the university that you prefer and the course that would interest you the most as you'd probably have a more enjoyable experience and more to write about ^^
I'm in a pretty similar situation to you, I applied to both but hey let's see, and same here Im basing my results on whether I apply to Cambridge, hope this helps :yes:

Thanks! I picked Cambridge in the end because although St Andrews looks good, Cambridge definitely appeals to me more :smile:
Anyone applying for the HSPS courses at Cambridge?

I'm going for Politics and IR but I'm also really interested in Social Anthropology so I'm not sure if it's the best decision - I know Politics and IR is bound to have more applicants. I was thinking though how the summer school would be relevant to my other university choices, who's courses probably won't have anthropology elements in them.

Quick Reply

Latest