The Student Room Group

PgDip in the Conservation of Easel Paintings at the Courtauld - anyone with info?

Hi,

I'm currently in my penultimate year of study for an undergraduate degree in Art History. I'm on track for a good 2:1 and am hoping to try and raise that to a 1st. I've been thinking about applying to the Conservation of Easel Painting at the Courtauld and was wondering if anyone who has applied/is studying/graduated from this course could answer a few questions?

I know it says that the requirement is 2:1, but considering they take in 5 students, has anyone ever heard of anyone being accepted with a 2:1? I would assume the competition is tough. How likely is an applicant to get financial aid? How do the interviews go and in particular, what are the manual dexterity and colour vision tests? Is it possible to study and have a part-time job at the same time? Finally, and I know this might seem a silly question, but what's the difference between a postgraduate diploma and a postgraduate degree?

If anyone's done the Wall Painting Conservation course, it would be great to hear about that as well!
Hi! I am from Argentina and I am thinking about applying this year to the Postgraduate Diploma of Easel Paintings. I am having the same doubts than you did a year ago!! Have you finally applied? It would be great if you could answer any of these same questions! Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending