The Student Room Group
Need more details on the history.
Reply 2
i had a crush on him...he was a teacher, he found out... (blushes..embarrased)
Reply 3
Anonymous
ive have a bit of history with a certain someone, not sure if he likes me/dislikes me, well i said hello to him and he said hello back, but looked a bit shocked. would you say hello back if you disliked the person?
the thing is, i opened the door and took one step out of the toilets when i bumped into him. he was walking past the door the exact moment i took a step out...maybe that was why he was shocked?

yep you're right. That's one way to shock someone lol, if he didn't like you he wouldn't have said hi. :wink: Unless it was a looking down, mumbly kinda hi.
I doubt he holds any grudges, but equally he probably isn't staying up at night making love to a tube sock whilst thinking of you.
Reply 5
i think its just polite to say hello when people say back.

and you should just stop thinking about this teacher and the crush and all of it. he could be shocked for many reasons.. eg. he could have been thinking about something and you 'interrupted' his thoughts or whatever.
Hi is a form of greeting.
Hello means I really like you but am too shy to admit it.
Hey there means oh it's just you.
Oi means I don't like your presence.

Never say hello to someone you don't want to have it off with. Never say hi to someone you have a crush on. Never say oi to someone twice your size and has that angry looking face. Never say hey there to someone popular.
BlufferIronfist

Never say hello to someone you don't want to have it off with. Never say hi to someone you have a crush on. Never say oi to someone twice your size and has that angry looking face. Never say hey there to someone popular.

is this some kindof joke? hello means what now!
Back to topic at hand. He probably said hello back to be polite...i mean i would say hi back unless i really didn't like you. And besides he's a teacher so not saying hello may have be awkward...cuz most teachers do say it bak if u say it.

Anyways don't dwell on it too much ...or analyse it anymore.
It's not a joke and if someone say hello to you they really do like you. At least that is how my culture interpret it.
Originally Posted by BlufferIronfist
It's not a joke and if someone say hello to you they really do like you. At least that is how my culture interpret it.

Lol really? I say hello to a LOT of people.:biggrin:
Reply 11
"You had me at hello"

haha.

i dont think the whole hello=i like you is true.
Reply 12
BlufferIronfist

20 bucks says I can say any of the above to a girl and have just as good a chance of pulling a phone number had I used any of the other three. The greeting doesn't matter, the body language is everything; smile, confident posture, facial expression. It's never what you say, but how you say it.
Rusty33
20 bucks says I can say any of the above to a girl and have just as good a chance of pulling a phone number had I used any of the other three. The greeting doesn't matter, the body language is everything; smile, confident posture, facial expression. It's never what you say, but how you say it.

I couldn't disagree more. While I think how you say it is clearly very important, what you say is just as important if not more so.

Latest

Trending

Trending