The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have started revising but for some subjects (mainly Sciences) it's not going very well...

Best Subject: English Literature
Weakest subject: Maths and Sciences
Days to go: 73
First Exam: English Language
Feeling:
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm in Y10 and only have one exam this year... :mmm:

Anyway, it's in ~81 days. :eek:

Subject: Citizenship (short course)

Feeling- :s-smilie: I'm not sure how I'm feeling tbh. Apprehensive? I'll do as much revision as possible and I should probably start looking at some past papers to get a feel of the exam. :tongue:

All other exams... Next year! :ahee::tongue:

Good luck to all the current Y11s though! :ahee::woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Best Subject: uh... English Language or Literature
Weakest subject: Maths :s-smilie:
Days to go: 80
First Exam: French followed by Biology - it's going to be a long day...
Feeling: :eek:

I'm really nervous, we haven't even had mocks yet so I don't have much of an idea where I am! I'd love an A* in maths but I'm not sure whether it will happen or not, it's definitely the subject I'm most worried about. Having said that, it's languages that are the most likely to go wrong. :confused:

I've started revising, but I'm currently lacking motivation. Procrastination always gets the better of me!
(edited 9 years ago)
I think I have 10 weeks and 4 days or something :frown:
I'm really fed up with revision because my mocks were only last week, so I haven't been doing any :teehee:

Best Subject: Maths probably
Weakest subject: All of the others (jk probably music because I was an idiot and didn't pay attention in year 10)
Days to go: 74 ish
First Exam: Biology I think ?
Feeling: , , , and also
:colonhash:
Original post by pursuedbyabear
I've started revising, but I'm currently lacking motivation. Procrastination always gets the better of me!

Same with me :five::colondollar: I actually did fairly well at the beginning of half term but now I just keep putting off my revision! I desperately need to stop procrastinating!
Original post by Purple-Pixie
Same with me :five::colondollar: I actually did fairly well at the beginning of half term but now I just keep putting off my revision! I desperately need to stop procrastinating!
:five:
After the Christmas holidays I got some pretty exercise books and coloured pens to make notes with - it was not to be! I'm just finding school a little boring now we've actually learnt everything, it is pretty much revision now in most of my lessons. :boring:
:five:
After the Christmas holidays I got some pretty exercise books and coloured pens to make notes with - it was not to be! I'm just finding school a little boring now we've actually learnt everything, it is pretty much revision now in most of my lessons. :boring:

Haha yeah I bought some new stationery to try and motivate myself but it only worked for a day or two! Oh right, the only subject we're doing revision in at the moment is English! In the rest of our subjects we only have one or two more topics left.
Haha yeah I bought some new stationery to try and motivate myself but it only worked for a day or two! Oh right, the only subject we're doing revision in at the moment is English! In the rest of our subjects we only have one or two more topics left.
We're pretty much done in English, too. :^_^:

Maybe this is just me, but it feels strange having almost finished!
We're pretty much done in English, too. :^_^:

Maybe this is just me, but it feels strange having almost finished!

Yeah it definitely feels strange!
Best Subject: Chemistry/Biology/Maths
Weakest subject: English Language/English Literature
Days to go: Haven't been given timetable from school.
First Exam: Look above. :smile:

I'm feeling nervous and excited. Slightly more nervous than excited though.
I've started revising, but talk myself out of revising for long durations of time; I always tend to do half of the work I set myself (although this should change when I receive my Mock results.) >.<

I would work more, but as most students. my motivation has been lacking as of recently. I don't want to wear myself out, so I'll just try and do casual revision for the next few days and get my wretched English homework done. Aim high!

Work hard and you'll get those results!

Just be careful with your health too though
:P
Best Subject: Pretty much everything except below
Weakest subject: Sciences, Philosophy and Ethics
Days to go: 79?
First Exam: Ethics
Feeling: :holmes: for stuff I'm good at, :eek: for everything else lol. I'm fine with stuff that is more about understanding, like Music or Chinese or Maths, but the memorising stuff like science is harder for me. It might be because I've never really revised on a big scale. Mocks, I revised for three weeks prior and did fine... I guess it's more peer pressure making me feel stressed than not knowing it.

Except science. We haven't started P3 and only just started C3 and B3... so I'm quite concerned.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Best subject: procrastinating
Worst subject: keeping focus
Days left: 79 I think
French first

Honestly my best is probably maths :smile:... Worst is definitely English Language and Literature

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty much! :biggrin:
I have started revising but for some subjects (mainly Sciences) it's not going very well...

Best Subject: English Literature
Weakest subject: Maths and Sciences
Days to go: 73
First Exam: English Language
Feeling:

73 days?! :eek3: Wow you start pretty early!

You'll be alright though :h: Make sure you've got a manageable revision plan :smile: I said to someone else the other day that exams can make you feel overwhelmed like a deer in the headlights, so you panic and don't do anything. Try not to get overwhelmed by it all - you'll be okay! :h: :dumbells:

:lol: :facepalm: Nooooo....! :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Best Subject: English Language & Literature
Weakest subject: Additional Science
Days to go: 13 weeks
First Exam: French
Feeling: Nothing if I'm honest! XD

It's what I did. Got a load of A grades and one A* :proud:

Also are you doing you GCSEs? You seem like you should at least be in sixthform. You come across so old for your age :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
It's what I did. Got a load of A grades and one A* :proud:

Also are you doing you GCSEs? You seem like you should at least be in sixthform :tongue:

It's what I did my past two years of gcse, got 3as and an a*

(And one D at AS but we wont mention that)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
It's what I did my past two years of gcse, got 3as and an a*

(And one D at AS but we wont mention that)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a D in RE :proud:

My biggest shock was when I got an A in English Lit. I'm traditionally one of those weirdos that can only do maths and science subjects :P
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest