The Student Room Group

AH Chemistry Vitamin C investigation - Need help

The aim of my investigation is to basically determine the vitamin C concentration of various fruit juices (and investigate temp. and storage time).

My question is do I need to find the titration volume of iodine for different concentrations of vitamin C and create a standard curve of vol. of iodine against conc. of vitamin C. I have already done that but realized that it is almost be pointless because when calculating the conc. of vit c in fruit juices I could do it all by calculations, not needing to use the standard curve.

Also can someone help me finding another method than iodine titration since I will probably finish quite quick and could fit another method in. I'v looked at DCPIP titration and Colourimetry but don't know what scores well.

Cheers.
Original post by Cyrus.Samadi
The aim of my investigation is to basically determine the vitamin C concentration of various fruit juices (and investigate temp. and storage time).

My question is do I need to find the titration volume of iodine for different concentrations of vitamin C and create a standard curve of vol. of iodine against conc. of vitamin C. I have already done that but realized that it is almost be pointless because when calculating the conc. of vit c in fruit juices I could do it all by calculations, not needing to use the standard curve.

Also can someone help me finding another method than iodine titration since I will probably finish quite quick and could fit another method in. I'v looked at DCPIP titration and Colourimetry but don't know what scores well.

Cheers.

Heya, I'm going to put this in the chemistry forum for you as you should get more responses there. :smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=130

Quick Reply

Latest