The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 - June 22nd, 2015 [Exam discusison thread]

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Haha this exam is my last exam so i already expect doing bad in it xD
Finished with the module, now just have to do a few papers every couple of weeks to keep it in my head.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3

I've also finished it. Least favourite part is hypothesis testing - not that it's the hardest bit, it's just really boring. :frown:

Original post by dynomit999
Haha this exam is my last exam so i already expect doing bad in it xD

I'm not sure if it's my last. Both FP3 and S2 are meant to be sat in the morning on the 22nd, so not sure which one's going first...
Original post by Elcor
I've also finished it. Least favourite part is hypothesis testing - not that it's the hardest bit, it's just really boring. :frown:

I'm not sure if it's my last. Both FP3 and S2 are meant to be sat in the morning on the 22nd, so not sure which one's going first...

Nah, i only go as far as FP2, plus im not a fan of statistics anyway, just to do further maths i need to do stats -.- also M3 happens to be my first exam aswell?? who makes these timetables?!
Reply 5
Nah, i only go as far as FP2, plus im not a fan of statistics anyway, just to do further maths i need to do stats -.- also M3 happens to be my first exam aswell?? who makes these timetables?!

Yeah this is crazy. Even the M2 exam is like a month after M3.

I'm pretty much self-teaching it so not expecting a great result :colondollar:
Original post by Elcor
Yeah this is crazy. Even the M2 exam is like a month after M3.

I'm pretty much self-teaching it so not expecting a great result :colondollar:

Haha, well i was debating to do FP3, because if i had done i would not need to do S2, but i thought nahhh, FP2 is gonna be enough. I dont actually mind FP2 tbh, its quite interesting, but going FP3 might jsut have been abit too far, and as you say, if FP3 and S2 clash, i would die. :indiff::indiff::indiff:
Reply 7
Haha, well i was debating to do FP3, because if i had done i would not need to do S2, but i thought nahhh, FP2 is gonna be enough. I dont actually mind FP2 tbh, its quite interesting, but going FP3 might jsut have been abit too far, and as you say, if FP3 and S2 clash, i would die. :indiff::indiff::indiff:

In some ways FP2 is harder than FP3.
Original post by Elcor
In some ways FP2 is harder than FP3.

FP2 is definitely harder than FP3! Circles in FP2 are terrible...:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Retaking this exam cause I flopped bad last year :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is my fav module out of them all lol suprised so many people hate it!!
Continuous Uniform Distribution is by far the easiest topic in my eyes, what is the hardest topic? I've only done up to uniform.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by EHZ17
Continuos Uniform Distribution is by far the easiest topic in my eyes, what is the hardest topic? I've only done up to uniform.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably the non-uniform probability density functions and cumulative frequency functions are the most mathematically demanding of all the topics, but that isn't saying much
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Probably the non-uniform probability density functions and cumulative frequency functions are the most mathematically demanding of all the topics, but that isn't saying much

Just finished normal approximations this morning, that was also very simple. I see that the topics aren't in themselves too demanding. How are the past papers?
Reply 14
Original post by EHZ17
Continuous Uniform Distribution is by far the easiest topic in my eyes, what is the hardest topic? I've only done up to uniform.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The hardest questions are the wordy ones like "Explain what you understand by the term 'statistic'". I always lose the marks.
Original post by Elcor
The hardest questions are the wordy ones like "Explain what you understand by the term 'statistic'". I always lose the marks.

I'm sure a decent amount of mark scheme memorising will be needed then :P
Can anyone explain the difference between nominal and actual significance level?
Original post by Corinne123
Can anyone explain the difference between nominal and actual significance level?

When you are doing hypothesis testing with discrete distributions such as Binomial and Poisson, the cumulative probability goes up in jumps. Although you may wish to do a 5% test (nominal) you will actually have to do something near by such as 4.85% (actual).
Original post by tiny hobbit
When you are doing hypothesis testing with discrete distributions such as Binomial and Poisson, the cumulative probability goes up in jumps. Although you may wish to do a 5% test (nominal) you will actually have to do something near by such as 4.85% (actual).

Ok thank you :smile:
One more question, is the probability of rejecting the null hypothesis and the probability of incorrectly rejecting the null hypothesis is same value?
Original post by Corinne123
Ok thank you :smile:
One more question, is the probability of rejecting the null hypothesis and the probability of incorrectly rejecting the null hypothesis is same value?

Yes they both equal the (actual) significance level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending