Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Is Islam the new communism?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    As in, the west seems to have an irrational fear and hatred of it? Quite possibly.
    irrational? how so?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benm)
    The 'average muslim' is one that has the characteristics of a few of your friends. Now who's stereotyping? :rolleyes:
    Zuh?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    I think the main concern of the CCP is that they, not necessarily the Party stay in control. Much has changed in China over the last 20-30 years, however the ruling elite has not. The same goes for the fall of the Stalinist USSR. Although on the face of it Russia and the satellites have changed completely, many powerful individuals in the old USSR still hold powerful positions.
    Not necessarily true. Theoretically, communists are supposted to make sure that the society is not domineered by capitalists. Top leaders in China are mostly technocrats (such as Premier Wen Jiabao) and most of them do not have political family background. It's true that they all belong to the China Communism Party, but their firm grip on power ensures the political stability in China. Imagine what will happen if China,which has billions rural peasants with low education ,adopts so-called American democracy?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    However, Islam is quite differet. Although I do not really know the religion much, I suppose that their aim is not to bring equality and liberalism to all their people...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viva0yue999)
    Not necessarily true. Theoretically, communists are supposted to make sure that the society is not domineered by capitalists.
    Yet China encourages capitalists with far less social or environmental controls on them than most of the world
    Top leaders in China are mostly technocrats (such as Premier Wen Jiabao) and most of them do not have political family background. It's true that they all belong to the China Communism Party, but their firm grip on power ensures the political stability in China. Imagine what will happen if China,which has billions rural peasants with low education ,adopts so-called American democracy?
    The problems in china include the CCP's complete grip on power. They have murdered millions of people before to retain power. How far is China stable at all? The control of the CCP is something which will hold only until something goes wrong, and CCP policies are very likely to ensure something does go very wrong.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This might be a little off topic but I think islamic extremism is more like facism.

lol.. which is weird because the far-left seem to side with the islamic extremists, maybe that's because they both have something against Bush!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    I know lots of them, they're totally harmless, and most of them are perfectly OK with homosexuality as well
    Communists are totally harmlesss too. The problem is when these people are allowed to rule with their ideologies (communism & islam). And then you begin to experience the suppression of basic human rights. Islamic rule is just as evil as Communist rule.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoctorNO)
    Communists are totally harmlesss too. The problem is when these people are allowed to rule with their ideologies (communism & islam). And then you begin to experience the suppression of basic human rights. Islamic rule is just as evil as Communist rule.
    I think evil is the wrong word here. They just go by different values, that put a lower value on the creature comforts that we put our emphasis on (including privacy, freedom of choice and health)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    I think evil is the wrong word here. They just go by different values, that put a lower value on the creature comforts that we put our emphasis on (including privacy, freedom of choice and health)
    * Death to muslims who renounce their faith
    * Death to gays & lesbians
    * Death to pagans
    * Discrimination & extra tax against christians & jews
    * Ban on non-religious music
    * Gender discrimination

etc etc etc

Arent those Evil/Unethical enough. Thats Islamic rule.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    y doesn't everyone mind there own beliefs and let everyone get on with there own lives....

PEACE is what everyone wants...so people should stop rascism and prajudice, this is wat will bring PEACE.

everyone has to live with the lifestyle of muslim... muslims are human beings like everyone with there own beliefs..
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    * Death to muslims who renounce their faith
    * Death to gays & lesbians
    * Death to pagans
    * Discrimination & extra tax against christians & jews
    * Ban on non-religious music
    * Gender discrimination

etc etc etc

What are you talking about! Thats Utopia isnt it? Is it?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky18)
    y doesn't everyone mind there own beliefs and let everyone get on with there own lives....

PEACE is what everyone wants...so people should stop rascism and prajudice, this is wat will bring PEACE.

everyone has to live with the lifestyle of muslim... muslims are human beings like everyone with there own beliefs..
    That assumes that Islam is a religion that will be as permissive as you set out .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just don't like using evil as a description of something. Maybe because I'm an athiest and it sounds like you are a bible basher denouncing them or something.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just don't like using evil as a description of something. Maybe because I'm an athiest and it sounds like you are a bible basher denouncing them or something.
    I think people can talk about common conceptions of mroality in a subjective sense without resorting to religion.

Im an agnostic personally - I have no evidence either way - who am I to say there is no god?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What word do you propose? The word "evil" is not necessarily restricted to religious uses. I am an agnostic and I know evil when I see it. Like Charles Manson.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawzzzzzz)
    That assumes that Islam is a religion that will be as permissive as you set out .
    not quite wat i ment.. it there life they can have any beliefs they want...
    and i not saying that people can do wat they want, ofcourse not violence and terrorism is NOT acceptable AT ALL.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    not quite wat i ment.. it there life they can have any beliefs they want...
    and i not saying that people can do wat they want, ofcourse not violence and terrorism is NOT acceptable AT ALL.
    It doesnt take violence to impose your beleifs on others - eg the vatican influencing the abortion or gay marriage debate politically
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It doesnt take violence to impose your beleifs on others - eg the vatican influencing the abortion or gay marriage debate politically
    yes islam does not allow gay marriages but i dont know about abortion...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    yes islam does not allow gay marriages but i dont know about abortion...
    I said the vatican - and Islam is nto against gay Marriage - it says that gay people should be killed ... Full stop.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I said the vatican - and Islam is nto against gay Marriage - it says that gay people should be killed ... Full stop.
    True the vatican says just pretend they don't exist, a much better policy than hang them high. A lot of gay couples getting married in America will only annoy the religions more, and make islamic nations despise them for yet another reason.
Updated: May 17, 2004
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.