The Student Room Group

ISIS - Where will it all end?

Hypothetically, what do you think will happen in the next 5 years?

Will ISIS be destroyed? Or will they continue West conquering Algeria and into Morocco.

Morocco is only 14km away from Spain. They could probably launch a missile from Africa to Spain which by then might be in financial meltdown.

Then will we appease them? And let the so-called caliphate exist on the borders of Europe?

Are they really that dangerous? I mean North Africa is hardly rich. Unless they got funded by the Saudis.

Would America then have to boycott Saudi Oil or even invade Saudi Arabia?

I just can't see how it's all going to end well. :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Worst case scenario, if ISIS were super successful they'd been contained in their caliphate and we'll see millions of Arabs atarving to death soon after.
I don't see them stopping in the next 5 years. If they do, another one will pop up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by MatureStudent36
Worst case scenario, if ISIS were super successful they'd been contained in their caliphate and we'll see millions of Arabs atarving to death soon after.

That's the worst case? I'd say the worst case is outright expansion into Europe and getting nuclear weapons. It is prophesied in the Quran that Rome will fall, Muhammad the Conqueror when he conquered Byztanine did so simply because the Quran spoke of how great an army would be to do so. Italians need a hard liner in charge to kill these ****ers before they breed.

Here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/10939235/Rome-will-be-conquered-next-says-leader-of-Islamic-State.html
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Given that I predicted that before I found evidence I think I should be appointed to lead the resistance :biggrin:
Original post by jakeel1
That's the worst case? I'd say the worst case is outright expansion into Europe and getting nuclear weapons. It is prophesied in the Quran that Rome will fall, Muhammad the Conqueror when he conquered Byztanine did so simply because the Quran spoke of how great an army would be to do so. Italians need a hard liner in charge to kill these ****ers before they breed.

Here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/10939235/Rome-will-be-conquered-next-says-leader-of-Islamic-State.html

Unlikely to expand into Europe. If they did I think we'd very quickly see mass deportations from Europe into North Africa.

ISIS live in the dark ages. They can be contained with robust measures.
Reply 6
Original post by noobynoo

Will ISIS be destroyed? Or will they continue West conquering Algeria and into Morocco.

Morocco is only 14km away from Spain. They could probably launch a missile from Africa to Spain which by then might be in financial meltdown.

Then will we appease them? And let the so-called caliphate exist on the borders of Europe?

Are they really that dangerous? I mean North Africa is hardly rich. Unless they got funded by the Saudis.

I don't think the west can defeat them completely within the confines of a just war but i do believe that we can restore Iraq and Syria to something resembling states with ISIS being patchy within them like Libya.

In the worst case scenario then Pakistan falls (has nukes) along with Afghanistan, both possible given that Pakistan is barely a functional state and the Taliban have de facto control of some of Afghanistan. I don't think Morocco, Algeria or Tunisia would fall though. Egypt too probably does not.

I'm not sure we would appease them. The British people are strongly against Russia and ISIS. Appeasement would come from the continent.
Reply 7
They'll collapse within themselves, splinter off into other smaller groups
ISIS are just a more violent and slightly more successful in the short term Al Qaeda through mere luck, but once Syria is stable again which it most likely will be considering the rebellion is practically on it's last legs - ISIS will take some serious poundings and retribution from the Syrian army ( There's also the possibility ISIS will take a step too far and attack Al Qaeda members or affiliates )
Original post by Rakas21
I don't think the west can defeat them completely within the confines of a just war but i do believe that we can restore Iraq and Syria to something resembling states with ISIS being patchy within them like Libya.

In the worst case scenario then Pakistan falls (has nukes) along with Afghanistan, both possible given that Pakistan is barely a functional state and the Taliban have de facto control of some of Afghanistan. I don't think Morocco, Algeria or Tunisia would fall though. Egypt too probably does not.

I'm not sure we would appease them. The British people are strongly against Russia and ISIS. Appeasement would come from the continent.

Where do you think the next terrorist attack will be? Could it be at Oxford or Cambridge University think of it. If you are a terrorist and you are wanting to target somewhere to do both psychological and economic damage to Britain, where could be better?

1) Most people at Oxbridge tend to come from rich and powerful backgrounds, leaving these without heirs.

2) Oxbridge supplies the future generation of Britain's leaders, you would be wiping out not just Britain's past but its up and coming politicians, civil servants etc.

3) It is an irreparable part of Britain's heritage.
Original post by MatureStudent36
Unlikely to expand into Europe. If they did I think we'd very quickly see mass deportations from Europe into North Africa.

ISIS live in the dark ages. They can be contained with robust measures.

Once Europe was in the dark ages and the East was in an oasis of culture. The evolution of societies do not just go one way. They have modern weapons and the element of surprise.

It is complacency and discounting enemies which made 9/11 (a horrible even but as a planned attack, it was a work of art), so potent.
We may end up seeing a World War 3 soon. The longer we leave ISIS alone, the stronger they may get. ISIS are just as ruthless as the Nazis and they want to expand their borders as much into Europe, Asia and Africa. Multiple countries will need to be allied to be be able to prevent this.
Original post by Dilmurod Dilmu
ISIS are just a more violent and slightly more successful in the short term Al Qaeda through mere luck, but once Syria is stable again which it most likely will be considering the rebellion is practically on it's last legs - ISIS will take some serious poundings and retribution from the Syrian army ( There's also the possibility ISIS will take a step too far and attack Al Qaeda members or affiliates )

Don't count on that. ISIS have gifted the Kurds a third of Syria by fighting on two fronts between the Kurds and Syrian Army. There is no way in hell the Kurds are going to give that land back to Assad. For all intensive purposes they'll either have to give the Kurds everything from Al Hasakah east or fight the Kurds.

Syria as the state we know today for all intensive purposes no longer exists.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Raymat
We may end up seeing a World War 3 soon. The longer we leave ISIS alone, the stronger they may get. ISIS are just as ruthless as the Nazis and they want to expand their borders as much into Europe, Asia and Africa. Multiple countries will need to be allied to be be able to prevent this.

Can't see WW3 but Africa and the Middle East are definitely vulnerable.
Reply 14
Reply 15
Original post by al_94

Is this guy deluded or something? Muslims and the Assad regime recieve more support than hate (even ISIS recieves a certain amount).

He sounds like one those types that believe Israel and zionism controls everything
Reply 16
Original post by 4 3
Is this guy deluded or something? Muslims and the Assad regime recieve more support than hate (even ISIS recieves a certain amount).

He sounds like one those types that believe Israel and zionism controls everything

I don't understand what you mean when you say Muslims and the Assad regime. The Assad regime is not Islamic it is Baathist.
Reply 17
Original post by al_94
I don't understand what you mean when you say Muslims and the Assad regime. The Assad regime is not Islamic it is Baathist.

What I mean is he implies the west hates him, everybody I know supports the Syrian government
Reply 18
Original post by 4 3
What I mean is he implies the west hates him, everybody I know supports the Syrian government

The west has backed the SRF and FSA to fight the Assad government so again I don't see your point.
Original post by noobynoo

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending