The Student Room Group

Kings vs Manchester vs Birmingham vs York

So I have unconditional offers from all the unis for MPhys for direct entry, and from Manchester with foundation year.

What are your thoughts about the best option ?? Thank you for your help beforehand :smile:
Personally, I would choose Manchester because it is in the top 10 in the world for employer reputation.
Original post by Ana Andrade
So I have unconditional offers from all the unis for MPhys for direct entry, and from Manchester with foundation year.

What are your thoughts about the best option ?? Thank you for your help beforehand :smile:

I did the Manchester foundation year. If you were offered direct entry into the physics courses at other uni's then take that option. You have to do very well to pass the foundation year (pass mark was 75% when I did it two years ago, might have changed now).
The physics course at Manchester is very good but not enough to be worth taking and paying for an extra year that you're not guaranteed to pass.
Reply 3
Original post by JuliusDS92
I did the Manchester foundation year. If you were offered direct entry into the physics courses at other uni's then take that option. You have to do very well to pass the foundation year (pass mark was 75% when I did it two years ago, might have changed now).
The physics course at Manchester is very good but not enough to be worth taking and paying for an extra year that you're not guaranteed to pass.

Thank you so much for your input ! :smile: I know they have a good physics department, but that foundation year definitely lowered Manchester for my bottom choices :/ And the pass mark is still 70% I believe..
Original post by Ana Andrade
Thank you so much for your input ! :smile: I know they have a good physics department, but that foundation year definitely lowered Manchester for my bottom choices :/ And the pass mark is still 70% I believe..

Np :smile: Feel free to ask any questions regarding Manchester :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by asmuse123
Personally, I would choose Manchester because it is in the top 10 in the world for employer reputation.

Thank you for your answer ! :smile: I am not really worried about the employability right now, I just wanted to choose the uni I will have a better learning environment and opportunities. And thank you for your advice again ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest