The Student Room Group

Would you date a guy that thinks he is god's gift to the earth?

What I'm really asking is where the line between arrogance and confidence?

Scroll to see replies

Basically guys would you date me? :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by Black Cat
Basically guys would you date me? :wink:

Well thats what all these threads are about...self-interest, no?

Would you date a black guy? - A black guy
Would you date a tall girl? - A tall girl
Would you date an asian? - An asian's parents
Reply 3
Original post by THUG*LYF
What I'm really asking is where the line between arrogance and confidence?

i'd say you can be confident and humble. they're both about people perceptions of you, but confidence is talking to people whilst being easy-going, and being on their level. talking to them as an equal and seeking connection through similarities etc
arrogance is being careless as opposed to easy-going, and thinking you're superior. a trait of being arrogant is, say, when meeting someone new, you seek a connection through trying to impress them and acting better than them rather than being humble and mild
Reply 4
I think an important word here might be 'narcissism'. And no, I'd run a ****ing mile.
hell to the no. dunno which is worse. a deeply insecure guy or one like yourself. a humble confident man is my dream
No. I went on a date with a guy recently who was really good looking but my god did he know it. I gave him a compliment at one point and he said "I know" without even a hint of irony. We didn't have a second date.

Confidence is important and attractive but when it crosses the line into arrogance that's a turn off for me.
Reply 7
Confidence is believing you can achieve something.

Egotism is believing you can achieve something because of who you are.

Arrogance is believing you can achieve something because your better than everybody else.

The lines can be somewhat blurred.

I've been called variations of the later two but its never held me back (I admit I'm an egotist but not arrogant). I think its about how you deal with it.. I made more than one girl laugh with a comment like 'god I'm good' in certain contexts.
Reply 8
No. It's one thing having confidence in yourself and another to be an arrogant prick that thinks the world revolves around him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most very attractive and arrogant men don't have a shortage of options. That's the reality.
Reply 10
I think you can be confident and arrogant (at times) without being a massive prick though.
Confidence is knowing you're good.

Arrogance is thinking you're better than everyone else.
I'd laugh tbh.:rolleyes:

Spoiler

Reply 13
Original post by Ronove
I think an important word here might be 'narcissism'. And no, I'd run a ****ing mile.

Or Jesus!
Reply 14
Original post by MissDavies
No. I went on a date with a guy recently who was really good looking but my god did he know it. I gave him a compliment at one point and he said "I know" without even a hint of irony. We didn't have a second date.

Confidence is important and attractive but when it crosses the line into arrogance that's a turn off for me.

lol thats hilarious
My ex was pretty arrogant, thought he was amazing. I used to laugh about it and kind of look past it, but in reality, it's irritating.

I like confident guys, but there's a difference between being fairly confident and thinking you're better than everyone else out there
Reply 16
That **** cray
Personally, I think confidence is knowing your strengths but not blowing them out of proportion and arrogance is over exaggerating them. The two are often very similar and misconstrued.
Have done so in the past,never again this time
Reply 19
No. I would gladly date a confident man but I wouldn't date a guy that treated me as if I should be worshiping the ground he walks.

I want a guy that is going to look at me and feel lucky he has me. Not worship the ground I walk, but knows how amazing I am. And I want to be able to do the same to him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending