The Student Room Group

HELP!! Please read

Hi guys, I am a tenth grader and I am appearing for my exams this may. I am taking 7 GCSE subjects. I go to school in the morning and to an extra private lesson in the evening, for every single subject of the 7 that I'm taking. Basically, my parents pay a ****load of money. I get good grades at school, and my teachers tell me that I'm pretty smart. However, I'm very lazy and I only study when I feel like it (which rarely happen.)
My parents are pretty strict and they want to see me studying the whole time. I just sit on my desk, pretending that I'm studying the whole time, and that makes me guilty. I just have school friends and we never hang out on weekends. My parents are unbelievable, they don't realize that I am a 15 year old and that I want to have fun too. You'd think that I'd be studying the whole time but really all I'm doing is pretending.
I'm also into reading (which my family told me to stop because there's no time), and I want to lose some weight too. I don't get to do any of that, and I don't study that hard either.
I need help on:
1 Wheather I have enough time in my day to study for 7 subjects, read, exersice, rest, the internet, school, private lessons and having fun too? ( I don't do any of them I just pretend like I'm studying the whole time)
2 Do I have enough time before May to finish all my 7 subjects and get A*s in all of them?
3 How do I manage all of that? and How do I manage my 7 subjects to get straight A*s.
Please reply. Thank you so much.
Are these 7 exams on top of ones you'll be taking in yr 11? :smile:
Original post by Pizzaa<3
Are these 7 exams on top of ones you'll be taking in yr 11? :smile:

No, I'm (hopefully) going to start my AS level in year 11.
You'll be fine - in yr10 I did GCSE papers for 13 GCSE's and got A*'s, although only one of them was a proper exam xD And we hadn't even covered all the material - common sense is the key thing :smile:
This was on top of other things; I swim for 14hrs a week, and play other sports for 3-4 :colondollar: (and i spend around 669856293874634 hours eating :wink: )
But seriously, use the other things you want to do to your advantage!
Finish all the work you want to do that day by say, 7 O'clock, and then relax afterwards in whatever way you chose...This way you can chat to friends, play sports, or just procrastinate watching online shows :biggrin:
You have plenty of time before May :smile: Last year I decided to teach myself the GCSE Latin syllabus from scratch around November, and took the exam in may :'') I got A* - Therefore you'll be totally okay! ^-^
Use the revision techniques I said on the other thread as well, and you'll get really good grades :*
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bad_username

Exactly! The funny thing is, I actually know people who manage to do all of that perfectly!
Reply 6
Original post by Nadaelnaggar
Hi guys, I am a tenth grader and I am appearing for my exams this may. I am taking 7 GCSE subjects. I go to school in the morning and to an extra private lesson in the evening, for every single subject of the 7 that I'm taking. Basically, my parents pay a ****load of money. I get good grades at school, and my teachers tell me that I'm pretty smart. However, I'm very lazy and I only study when I feel like it (which rarely happen.)
My parents are pretty strict and they want to see me studying the whole time. I just sit on my desk, pretending that I'm studying the whole time, and that makes me guilty. I just have school friends and we never hang out on weekends. My parents are unbelievable, they don't realize that I am a 15 year old and that I want to have fun too. You'd think that I'd be studying the whole time but really all I'm doing is pretending.
I'm also into reading (which my family told me to stop because there's no time), and I want to lose some weight too. I don't get to do any of that, and I don't study that hard either.
I need help on:
1 Wheather I have enough time in my day to study for 7 subjects, read, exersice, rest, the internet, school, private lessons and having fun too? ( I don't do any of them I just pretend like I'm studying the whole time)
2 Do I have enough time before May to finish all my 7 subjects and get A*s in all of them?
3 How do I manage all of that? and How do I manage my 7 subjects to get straight A*s.
Please reply. Thank you so much.

It is definitely more than possible. Just sort out a timetable/to-do list and work out what you want to do everyday.
Exactly! The funny thing is, I actually know people who manage to do all of that perfectly!

really?! are they time travellers?! i need their secret. :biggrin: x
You'll be fine - in yr10 I did GCSE papers for 13 GCSE's and got A*'s, although only one of them was a proper exam xD And we hadn't even covered all the material - common sense is the key thing :smile:
This was on top of other things; I swim for 14hrs a week, and play other sports for 3-4 :colondollar: (and i spend around 669856293874634 hours eating :wink: )
But seriously, use the other things you want to do to your advantage!
Finish all the work you want to do that day by say, 7 O'clock, and then relax afterwards in whatever way you chose...This way you can chat to friends, play sports, or just procrastinate watching online shows :biggrin:
You have plenty of time before May :smile: Last year I decided to teach myself the GCSE Latin syllabus from scratch around November, and took the exam in may :'') I got A* - Therefore you'll be totally okay! ^-^
Use the revision techniques I said on the other thread as well, and you'll get really good grades :*

Thank you so much! Oh, you seem like you're really smart. Oh my god! Latin? 6 months? I wish that I could something like that! I'm just taking 7 subjects and I'm considered a hero here for taking "many" subjects!
Thank you :smile: Of course I'll try to follow your techniques :smile:
really?! are they time travellers?! i need their secret. :biggrin: x

I have no idea. I study one topic in biology and poof.. there goes my day.
I have no idea. I study one topic in biology and poof.. there goes my day.

is biology GCSE really hard? i've taken it but i'm only year 9 so it's not serious stuff yet.. :rolleyes: xx
Some people find it really easy, and others find it hard :smile:
As long as you are okay with memorising definitions and following things in a logical order, you're okay :biggrin:
The teacher also matters a lot I think ^-^
is biology GCSE really hard? i've taken it but i'm only year 9 so it's not serious stuff yet.. :rolleyes: xx

Some people find it really easy, and others find it hard :smile:
As long as you are okay with memorising definitions and following things in a logical order, you're okay :biggrin:
The teacher also matters a lot I think ^-^

I think that IGCSEs aren't that hard at all, if you're smart enough! I like biology, so far, I guess it's my favourite out of all the 7 that I'm taking. A good teacher and a good memory is more than enough!

Quick Reply

Latest