The Student Room Group

Why do men see women as delicate flowers?

I was having a conversation with a 'buddy' of mine, and I asked him to explain his behaviour from a week earlier (backstory - we were getting intimate, then all of a sudden, he said it was not a good idea).

His response was, he was tired and didn't feel like it; to me this sounded like a lie, that he thought I couldn't handle the truth.

What is up with that?

Women are a lot stronger than you think.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I don't understand the bit in brackets, and I don't know what a bubby is.
Da*** is a bubby. Why do you see men as bubbies? Tired of sexist attitudes towards men, this needs to stop.
Original post by NHM713
I was having a conversation with a 'bubby' of mine, and I asked him to explain his behaviour from a week earlier (backstory - we were getting intimate, then al of a sudden, he said it was a good idea).

His response was, he was tired and didn't feel like it; to me this sounded like a lie, that he thought I couldn't handle the truth.

What is up with that?

This... (That is, your Whole attitude of being independent and all the feminist movements) is the reason, the ONLY reason, why chivalry is Dead.

Frankly due to this, i'm fed up of listening to women talk, I've learnt that the only way to understand them, is to watch what they do. I'm saying this, cause you maybe talking about women are a lot stronger (ergo independent and equal), but then in the next minute, you'll be ticked off with a guy for not being a 'charming' gentleman (holding the door, opening your seat before you sit down; fighting your battles for you; e.t.c).. or for not buying you flowers or something.. Its' maddening.

E.g. just look at Emma Watson and how shes' all about: "men-live-to-support-and-help-women" (feminist); but yet shes' getting with an uber high status, womanising alpha (Prince Harry); whilst her ex is a 6'3 guy with chiseled sick pack abs. If That example isn't a clear indication that the rule (ignore what women say and watch what they do) works, I don't know what is.
Original post by Blackshadow
Da*** is a bubby. Why do you see men as bubbies? Tired of sexist attitudes towards men, this needs to stop.

:rofl:

I agree though, wtf is a bubby.
Original post by NHM713
I was having a conversation with a 'bubby' of mine, and I asked him to explain his behaviour from a week earlier (backstory - we were getting intimate, then al of a sudden, he said it was a good idea).

What is up with that?

Because you're emotional.
Original post by theDanIdentity
This... (That is, your Whole attitude of being independent and all the feminist movements) is the reason, the ONLY reason, why chivalry is Dead.

Frankly due to this, i'm fed up of listening to women talk, I've learnt that the only way to understand them, is to watch what they do. I'm saying this, cause you maybe talking about women are a lot stronger (ergo independent and equal), but then in the next minute, you'll be ticked off with a guy for not being a 'charming' gentleman (holding the door, opening your seat before you sit down; fighting your battles for you; e.t.c).. or for not buying you flowers or something.. Its' maddening.

E.g. just look at Emma Watson and how shes' all about: "men-live-to-support-and-help-women" (feminist); but yet shes' getting with an uber high status, womanising alpha (Prince Harry); whilst her ex is a 6'3 guy with chiseled sick pack abs. If That example isn't a clear indication that the rule (ignore what women say and watch what they do) works, I don't know what is.

this

The game is rigged and even if I am saying this I am being self pitying since men are by default at fault in women's eyes in a man-woman scenario, burden of proof is on man to prove woman is wrong. Either women's expectations have raised or men have become weaker.

I don't see women as weak at all, not all women, some are epically insecure shy, others are borderline narcissist. I see the vast majority of young women in the modern West as strong, independent individuals, but with lofty expectations and demands, far more judgmental and shallow than they would like to admit, and a tendency towards hypocrisy and changing realities in the event of a contradiction or being shown to be wrong (rationalisation).

For the time being I see no point in hiding my true self from women, and from people in general. I'll make recovery myself, and nothing will probably change, but it's better than the contempt I currently get, there's a possibility something might, I'm now aware of male disposability I just need to shut up about it and progress.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
this

The game is rigged and even if I am saying this I am being self pitying since men are by default at fault in women's eyes in a man-woman scenario, burden of proof is on man to prove woman is wrong. Either women's expectations have raised or men have become weaker.

The internet and online dating means more women can be picky about whom they choose to faunicate with. 20+ years ago, people met others in day to day life, which mean the pool of men from which they chose one ideal man was smaller.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Carpe Vinum
:rofl:

I agree though, wtf is a bubby.

''Term of endearment/name for a Jewish Grandmother''

Makes sense.
Original post by theDanIdentity

I don't understand what your point is? Why can't a feminist go out with someone attractive?
Original post by Erstwhistle
The internet and online dating means more women can be picky about whom they choose to faunicate with. 20+ years ago, people met others in day to day life, which mean the pool of men from which they chose one ideal man was smaller.

We live in the Information Age, many people spend more time engaging in a fantasy life online than they do in reality. No wonder princess mentality is rife and we have so many man-children too
I wouldn't mind it. Chivalry is a big plus imo. Gentlemen are so rare these days. :frown:
This is assuming they don't treat you as a trophy girlfriend/wife or a baby. There's a difference between protecting your partner like a man should and treating her like an inferior.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Lol. So many women make it seem like they are emotional hulks when really they will cry at any sad movie or book and squeel when they see a baby of any species 😂
We live in the Information Age, many people spend more time engaging in a fantasy life online than they do in reality. No wonder princess mentality is rife and we have so many man-children too

I couldn't agree more. There are people who have developed a kind of dual personality disorder, as their online persona does not match up with their real life persona. You are an example of such, and there are many others on this forum, and indeed the internet in general, who too are dissatisfied with how they appear in the real world, and resort to grotty online posturing as a release from their inadequacies.

What exactly do you mean by 'man-children'?
Original post by ILovePancakes
I don't understand what your point is? Why can't a feminist go out with someone attractive?

She's entitled to do so, but all the points about 'helping men' go down the drain when you realise a lot of feminists are prepared to help vulnerable men the way they would help children. They likely will never see those men as equal again. Whereas most feminist literature on the subject is geared towards blaming men for shallow patriarchal definitions of attractiveness on rejection, 'strong independent black woman' etc.

In other words hypocrisy. Women ilk, I have found,e men in Frame. Protip: I break frame 24/7, see where that got me

If feminists said 'legally we shall help to equalise things, but I will never see you as equal personally' then that's a different story.

Although I should note I really want #HeForShe to succeed, Emma's speech basically went something like 'women's problems-men have problems too like they can't cry and ****-this is how men not crying is bad for us women-let's get more men to support feminism'. It had heart but was at the same time fishy.

Anyway I don't wish to diss what was originally and in some quarters still is a noble movement by turning it into high school FA drama.
She's entitled to do so, but all the points about 'helping men' go down the drain when you realise a lot of feminists are prepared to help vulnerable men the way they would help children. They likely will never see those men as equal again. Whereas most feminist literature on the subject is geared towards blaming men for shallow patriarchal definitions of attractiveness on rejection, 'strong independent black woman' etc.

In other words hypocrisy. Women ilk, I have found,e men in Frame. Protip: I break frame 24/7, see where that got me

If feminists said 'legally we shall help to equalise things, but I will never see you as equal personally' then that's a different story.

Although I should note I really want #HeForShe to succeed, Emma's speech basically went something like 'women's problems-men have problems too like they can't cry and ****-this is how men not crying is bad for us women-let's get more men to support feminism'. It had heart but was at the same time fishy.

Anyway I don't wish to diss what was originally and in some quarters still is a noble movement by turning it into high school FA drama.

You're implying that the only way that a woman can help a man is by going out with them... if you aren't attracted to someone it doesn't mean that you don't see them as equal - it means that you aren't attracted to them. I don't want to **** a lot of people but it doesn't mean that I don't consider them equal to me.

I have no idea what Frame is?
Original post by ILovePancakes

sorry about the length.. :frown:

they can.. you've just missed the ENTIRE point.. how on earth did you manage that..?

**sigh** (thanks for noticing my post by the way:biggrin:). right, explanation: a HUMAN can go out with whoever they would like to.. as for feminist; i think that is a ridiculous and idiotic movement (at least in westernized worlds - if you want evidence, then it is apparent that you haven't done your research properly and i'd require that you do; and explain to me how, it Affects YOU; not the other female population).

See what you just did? you referred to him (both guys, i.e. both Prince Harry and the guy with the chiseled abs) as ATTRACTIVE. meaning that you'd want to get with them.. whereas, Emma Watsons' stance on the definition of a guy (and all feminists and femininazis' stance on guys), would be that they all 'Live to support and help women'.

Now i ask you this, if that were the case and all guys Did live to help and support women (apart from going mental before dying out as male species); do you really think that, there would be guys like Prince Harry and the ex with the chiseled six pack abs..? No. Never. Why..? they'd be too busy living to support and help women for them TO reach that status by which they were found attractive in the first place. So these guys must abide by the 'Ignore what women say and watch what they do' rule.Oor they'd go bat-crap crazy and wouldn't be able to make sense of the world let alone become attractive.

**explanation's over, this is just pointless elaboration, feel free to read if you will**

I'm saying this, as these are the same women (feminists and feminazis) who'll:

1) then get ticked off that the guys pay them too much attention and not mind their business (because supporting a whole species, is time-consuming and not something done haphazardly);
2) then complain that the guys don't have anything else going for them; i.e. no jobs, education e.t.c as to support a Whole species, is NOT a thing that can be done as a side job. it is a life-changing movement and i pity the fool that decides to do so.
3) then complain that the guys aren't doing the 'supporting and helping women' thing right. That is, the feminists would state that they can handle opening the door (or other chivalrous deeds) by themselves, but then immediately complain that there aren't any good, chivalrous guys on the planet left as the guys wouldn't be opening the doors (or doing sad chivalrous deed), as the feminists have already complained about it. It. Is. Stupid.
4) find something else in the actions of mens' 'supporting and helping women' role for them to complain about.

we're humans. Men aren't dogs for you to send us errands and then to counter it with a different errand. That is just utterly dehumanizing. ergo, we wouldn't be attractive anymore; we'd be seen as kids and Not equals or 'attractive'
Reply 17
Hey bubbys
Original post by Erstwhistle
I couldn't agree more. There are people who have developed a kind of dual personality disorder, as their online persona does not match up with their real life persona. You are an example of such, and there are many others on this forum, and indeed the internet in general, who too are dissatisfied with how they appear in the real world, and resort to grotty online posturing as a release from their inadequacies.

What exactly do you mean by 'man-children'?

ouch haha! Trust me, very few people IRL know the extent of my Redpill obsession, a fair few know I am…odd.

So my online persona doesn't match up to my real identity. OK

Spoiler

So obviously a man-child is a legal adult with stunted emotional maturity and the symptoms of such ('voluntary' unemployment*(, pronounced difficulties in interpersonal relations, difficulty being independent, general irresponsibility, victim mentality, scapegoating other causes for their own personal issues, etc.)

*I should note I'm not quite voluntarily unemployed, my functioning is actually struggling due to my anxiety/self-esteem issues etc.
(edited 9 years ago)
Dat der estrogen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending