The Student Room Group

Why do men see women as delicate flowers?

Scroll to see replies

Because most of them are.

The rest are the spiky catcuses and Venus mantraps of the Feminazius family.
Original post by NHM713
I've edited it now, hope you understand now.

If you don't know what a buddy is, then your probably too young.

Not sure I like your tone there missy, I'm 22 so there's no need to be condescending. You didn't say buddy did you, you said bubby. I assume we're talking about a **** buddy here, so maybe he thought it wasn't a good idea because he sees your relationship as something other than "bubbies".
Reply 82
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
this

The game is rigged and even if I am saying this I am being self pitying since men are by default at fault in women's eyes in a man-woman scenario, burden of proof is on man to prove woman is wrong. Either women's expectations have raised or men have become weaker.

I don't see women as weak at all, not all women, some are epically insecure shy, others are borderline narcissist. I see the vast majority of young women in the modern West as strong, independent individuals, but with lofty expectations and demands, far more judgmental and shallow than they would like to admit, and a tendency towards hypocrisy and changing realities in the event of a contradiction or being shown to be wrong (rationalisation).

For the time being I see no point in hiding my true self from women, and from people in general. I'll make recovery myself, and nothing will probably change, but it's better than the contempt I currently get, there's a possibility something might, I'm now aware of male disposability I just need to shut up about it and progress.

I think have a certain men have a skewed idea of what really goes on in womens' heads.

For instances, as I'm question him, he goes to me 'oh your sexy blah blah blah', my reaction was 'No I don't want to hear it'. That was his way of him making me feel validated, and of course it's flattering, but it's just a little old fashioned. I wanted to talk to him like two human being, two minds talking.

Instead, he reinstated the old idea that women are insecure and need to be told they look nice, to get over anything a man does.
Original post by theDanIdentity
sorry about the length.. :frown:

they can.. you've just missed the ENTIRE point.. how on earth did you manage that..?

**sigh** (thanks for noticing my post by the way:biggrin:). right, explanation: a HUMAN can go out with whoever they would like to.. as for feminist; i think that is a ridiculous and idiotic movement (at least in westernized worlds - if you want evidence, then it is apparent that you haven't done your research properly and i'd require that you do; and explain to me how, it Affects YOU; not the other female population).

See what you just did? you referred to him (both guys, i.e. both Prince Harry and the guy with the chiseled abs) as ATTRACTIVE. meaning that you'd want to get with them.. whereas, Emma Watsons' stance on the definition of a guy (and all feminists and femininazis' stance on guys), would be that they all 'Live to support and help women'.

Now i ask you this, if that were the case and all guys Did live to help and support women (apart from going mental before dying out as male species); do you really think that, there would be guys like Prince Harry and the ex with the chiseled six pack abs..? No. Never. Why..? they'd be too busy living to support and help women for them TO reach that status by which they were found attractive in the first place. So these guys must abide by the 'Ignore what women say and watch what they do' rule.Oor they'd go bat-crap crazy and wouldn't be able to make sense of the world let alone become attractive.

**explanation's over, this is just pointless elaboration, feel free to read if you will**

I'm saying this, as these are the same women (feminists and feminazis) who'll:

1) then get ticked off that the guys pay them too much attention and not mind their business (because supporting a whole species, is time-consuming and not something done haphazardly);
2) then complain that the guys don't have anything else going for them; i.e. no jobs, education e.t.c as to support a Whole species, is NOT a thing that can be done as a side job. it is a life-changing movement and i pity the fool that decides to do so.
3) then complain that the guys aren't doing the 'supporting and helping women' thing right. That is, the feminists would state that they can handle opening the door (or other chivalrous deeds) by themselves, but then immediately complain that there aren't any good, chivalrous guys on the planet left as the guys wouldn't be opening the doors (or doing sad chivalrous deed), as the feminists have already complained about it. It. Is. Stupid.
4) find something else in the actions of mens' 'supporting and helping women' role for them to complain about.

we're humans. Men aren't dogs for you to send us errands and then to counter it with a different errand. That is just utterly dehumanizing. ergo, we wouldn't be attractive anymore; we'd be seen as kids and Not equals or 'attractive'

The feminist stance is not in any way that 'men should live to support and help women', what absolute nonsense. All feminism wants is genuine equality, women are quite capabale of supporting and helping themselves. In what way is you acknowledging that a women deserves equal rights to you(which is what feminism is) making your position inferior to women? How bizarre.
Original post by bolly_mad
I would never judge a woman for not dating a fat slob. Fact is real men take care of themselves. If you're a man that doesn't, don't complain if women don't find you attractive. Almost EVERY man can improve themselves to be more attractive if they made the effort, so I got no sympathy for the ones that don't.

But that said, in turn, I don't expect to be judged if I refuse to find fat women attractive, or short women, or women that don't dress feminine. It cuts both ways. Women have the right to want an attractive partner....but so do men.

Feminists are being hypocritical in telling men what they should respect a woman regardless of how she is, how she looks, and not to label or put pressure on women to be a certain kind of thing. But then turn around and do what is natural to BOTH women and men....desire a certain kind of thing.

Personally, I think both Men and Women should just call it as it is and admit both sexes are flawed. We should just accept it, and adjust accordingly.

There is a difference between respecting somebody and finding them attractive, you should treat someone with respect regardless of how attractive you find them.
Reply 85
Original post by Dr Pesto
Not sure I like your tone there missy, I'm 22 so there's no need to be condescending. You didn't say buddy did you, you said bubby. I assume we're talking about a **** buddy here, so maybe he thought it wasn't a good idea because he sees your relationship as something other than "bubbies".

lol oh yh
Reply 86
We live in the Information Age, many people spend more time engaging in a fantasy life online than they do in reality. No wonder princess mentality is rife and we have so many man-children too

What does that have to do with the internet, surely that is down to upbringing.
Original post by simbasdragon
The feminist stance is not in any way that 'men should live to support and help women', what absolute nonsense. All feminism wants is genuine equality, women are quite capabale of supporting and helping themselves. In what way is you acknowledging that a women deserves equal rights to you(which is what feminism is) making your position inferior to women? How bizarre.

The propagation of Patriarchy when it suits women (see Emma Watson and Prince Harry)
Original post by simbasdragon
There is a difference between respecting somebody and finding them attractive, you should treat someone with respect regardless of how attractive you find them.

Yeah, that doesn't happen though tbh.
Reply 89
Original post by zKlown
Hey bubbys

lol
You've gone and generalized a whole gender, therefore making you a participant in sexism, which you seem to hate quite a lot.

Good job.
Reply 91
i feel whenever an issue like this is brought up, most of the comment that are posted immediately label it as feminisim. i don't have a problem with men, and I know it do not apply to all men. It is simply disheartening to only encounter, at least it seems that way, men that perceive women in this outdated way.

chivalry all good and well, but, why exclude it to women; call it being a nice person and do it to men, women, children and animals.
Reply 92
Original post by Retired_Messiah
You've gone and generalized a whole gender, therefore making you a participant in sexism, which you seem to hate quite a lot.

Good job.

You yourself know not every man does this, so why do I have to tell you something you already know?
Original post by NHM713
You yourself know not every man does this, so why do I have to tell you something you already know?

To stop making your post look utterly retarded, mainly.
Reply 94

I made a fair point for everything you said before, but, when it come to this response, this it the best you could give.
Reply 95
Original post by Retired_Messiah
To stop making your post look utterly retarded, mainly.

That offended me, but, I can take it.

Wow, so you only respect people who you find attractive? What about fellow men, or people who have achieved things that you admire, or a veteran?
Original post by theDanIdentity
This... (That is, your Whole attitude of being independent and all the feminist movements) is the reason, the ONLY reason, why chivalry is Dead.

Frankly due to this, i'm fed up of listening to women talk, I've learnt that the only way to understand them, is to watch what they do. I'm saying this, cause you maybe talking about women are a lot stronger (ergo independent and equal), but then in the next minute, you'll be ticked off with a guy for not being a 'charming' gentleman (holding the door, opening your seat before you sit down; fighting your battles for you; e.t.c).. or for not buying you flowers or something.. Its' maddening.

E.g. just look at Emma Watson and how shes' all about: "men-live-to-support-and-help-women" (feminist); but yet shes' getting with an uber high status, womanising alpha (Prince Harry); whilst her ex is a 6'3 guy with chiseled sick pack abs. If That example isn't a clear indication that the rule (ignore what women say and watch what they do) works, I don't know what is.

I'm not a feminist or a fan of the modern feminist movement. I want to have a career and be able to do what men are able to do, but I still expect the man to hold open the door for me and treat me respectfully, because I will treat him respectfully. Respect is a two-way street, and that's all I want in a relationship. I think that men have their strengths and women have their strengths and they help balance each other out. Like I am kind of emotional a lot of the time and I get afraid/worked up easily, so I need a man who is emotionally strong and that can offer me a sense of protection. I think it just depends in each relationship, however, so you have to find someone who can balance you out.

I love chivalry, but unfortunately, it is not something practiced where I live, so when a guy does hold the door for me, I'm taken aback and immediately have more respect for that guy, because he was raised right.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 98
I don't :smile:
Original post by MarchingBand2015
I'm not a feminist or a fan of the modern feminist movement. I want to have a career and be able to do what men are able to do, but I still expect the man to hold open the door for me and treat me respectfully, because I will treat him respectfully. Respect is a two-way street, and that's all I want in a relationship. I think that men have their strengths and women have their strengths and they help balance each other out. Like I am kind of emotional a lot of the time and I get afraid/worked up easily, so I need a man who is emotionally strong and that can offer me a sense of protection. I think it just depends in each relationship, however, so you have to find someone who can balance you out.

I love chivalry, but unfortunately, it is not something practiced where I live, so when a guy does hold the door for me, I'm taken aback and immediately have more respect for that guy, because he was raised right.

good for you that you aren't a feminist and congrats on your desire to achieve things..:biggrin:

aha, over here, chivalry Isn't practiced, because of feminisms' expectation and complaints (and subsequently, their immediate complaints that the guys Don't do it anymore.. Lord knows i've spent countless evenings trying to locate the logic in how they think tbh..) that they can do it perfectly fine.

well, thats' what feminism and feminazis is about; to change the fact that he 'was raised right'. If they had their way (obviously, chivalrous guys still exist around the world, so you may have to move to find them), there won't be any kind of those guys you like anymore left around the world (except from those who've awaken via the red pill.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending