The Student Room Group

Massive problem, any knowledgeable people able to help?

Hi there, I'm an extrernal student and completed my AS exams last summer, and going on to A2 exams this year.I was never informed I had a certificate sitting at the school office, and due to my asking about it, the school scanned it and sent it to me as I'm applying to a university abroad, who are awaiting this certificate to confirm my place.
The problem is, my name and date of birth are both wrong on the certificate! I did have the school correct my d.o.b and name but the certificate had already been issued at that point.
So currently, my details are correct in the school database, but this certificate still stands with wrong details.
If I contact AQA and request a statement of results, will they have my correct details or will they not be informed of this?
I'm confused as to whether the school database is really connected to the exam board, or whether they will just be sending me yet another document with the wrong details on?
Any advice really appreciated
I
(edited 9 years ago)
I'd suggest speaking to AQA, I'd imagine they would have a database where they can correct your details as they are the ones one print the certificates, if they do not hold your details, then the school can probably send them the correct ones and have the results reprinted :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest