The Student Room Group

41 men targeted but 1,147 people killed: US drone strikes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drewski
Blaming 'drones' for what they do is like blaming cars for car crashes.

The uneducated masses seem to attribute some bizarre personality to those machines just because the pilot isn't on-board (and yes, they do, contrary to public belief, actually have pilots).

Don't blame the machines. Blame the people who set the rules for how they're used.

Aye people do seem to sort of blame "the drones" as if they're some entity of their own, they're just an airplane with air to ground missiles...just without the pilot actually being inside it.

Though I guess that could change once the likes of Taranis, well the first design will be semi-autonomous, I assume they basically just mean flying itself over long distances and not any actual attacking aspect when they do arm it. But it's clearly a step towards "smart" drones that can pick targets.....

....lets just hope they don't have access to too much information and calculate the potential danger, and thus what are priority targets to attack, based on whom is causing the most human deaths. :wink:
So what's the solution? How can you begin to rationalise with a group of people who burn human beings alive in cages? These militant groups hide amongst civilians like cowards. They are attracting thousands of Europeans who are a potential threat to western society. Kill the source, safer Britain.
Original post by Untitled.
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/nov/24/-sp-us-drone-strikes-kill-1147

'They hate us for our freedoms.'

Yeah right...

When you're living in constant fear of being droned, it's no surprise you'll loathe America and its allies. How is it we're surprised by militant groups when these strikes are creating them?

islamic groups kill many times this. boko haram for example killed over 10,000 africans -you dont care about them i suppose

Quick Reply