The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6GP01 Government and Politics Unit 1 Exam 01/06/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by sk942015

That's a good site but I'd also check The guardian and others too :smile:
which topics are you doing for unit 1?
:smile:

I did elections and democracy. Learning 3 is kinda hard....
You>
Reply 61
My teacher has told us that chances that it would be on the General election 2015 is pretty low, Edexcel wouldn't be that harsh on us. Not to mention what we have be learning about in our textbooks for the whole course would have become useless in terms of info on how coalition has affected things
Original post by Pato1
My teacher has told us that chances that it would be on the General election 2015 is pretty low, Edexcel wouldn't be that harsh on us. Not to mention what we have be learning about in our textbooks for the whole course would have become useless in terms of info on how coalition has affected things

oh yeah that is SOOOO true! didn't think about it like that.
Reply 63
Original post by Pato1

That's a good point. I suppose you can use the GE as an example but of course it won't be compulsory. As much as I would like to pull an all-nighter for the GE (so nerdy I know) I feel like I will miss out on so much sleep :broken:
Reply 64
General election is helpful for examples, such as turnout %. Other than that they will not expect us to know the ins and outs of the new government :P
Original post by xxvine
Ahaha I hope so

I had a mock and messed up on timing. So little time to write detailed answers tbh....
Have you started revision btw?

It's okay don't worry it happens to all of us. The best thing you can do is know all your content well enough so that its coming at lightening speed in your brain haha. I did the same thing with my History exam where I had to write two 24 markers and two 12 markers :cry2: at first I couldn't even finish the exam in time but today I had a mock and knew my stuff well (at least on the second section) and I was able to finish 10 mins before everyone else, so much so that I just ended up giving the invigilator the paper and leaving lol. It's okay just know your stuff and your practice :hugs:

Oh and I haven't started full on revision no, I have done some essay questions but no is the answer to your question. Honestly I am starting tomorrow since I haven't had the time to start revising gov + pol even if I wanted to this week because I had a mock week :eek:
(edited 9 years ago)
Sounds like a great idea! goodluck with revision :biggrin:

Thank you, I will probably start the thread tomorrow, hopefully it's successful :smile: Good luck with yours :tongue:
Original post by xxvine
I did elections and democracy. Learning 3 is kinda hard....
You>

im doing pressure groups and democracy. Is elections hard?
No it's pretty easy, probably the easiest of the 4. Does anyone have any question predictions? My teachers refusing to tell us any :frown:
Original post by BrendhaUchiha
No it's pretty easy, probably the easiest of the 4. Does anyone have any question predictions? My teachers refusing to tell us any :frown:

seriously? If i pick another topic I probably will pick elections then. I don't have time at the moment to sit and figure out predictions but once I do i'll write it on here.
Reply 70
im doing pressure groups and democracy. Is elections hard?

No not really

A lot to remember though
Reply 71
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
It's okay don't worry it happens to all of us. The best thing you can do is know all your content well enough so that its coming at lightening speed in your brain haha. I did the same thing with my History exam where I had to write two 24 markers and two 12 markers :cry2: at first I couldn't even finish the exam in time but today I had a mock and knew my stuff well (at least on the second section) and I was able to finish 10 mins before everyone else, so much so that I just ended up giving the invigilator the paper and leaving lol. It's okay just know your stuff and your practice :hugs:

Oh and I haven't started full on revision no, I have done some essay questions but no is the answer to your question. Honestly I am starting tomorrow since I haven't had the time to start revising gov + pol even if I wanted to this week because I had a mock week :eek:

Hey:smile:
Unit 2 is the more difficult..finding PM and Cabinet hard since you have to memorise a lot of key facts.
How are you revising? Flash cards....notes?
Reply 72
I'm foreign student. Since I had a struggle with my english at the beginning of this AS year, I started to study politics quite late. I've only just done Unit 1 and started Unit 2. I see that you all almost finish the book. I have a little panic now. Can you guy give me any advise to boost my speed up ?
Im doing..
unit 1-Elections, Democracy and Participation and Pressure groups.

for Unit 2- Parliament, Constitution and Judicial and Civil Liberties.
Reply 74
Original post by LaurenceJ96
Im doing..
unit 1-Elections, Democracy and Participation and Pressure groups.

for Unit 2- Parliament, Constitution and Judicial and Civil Liberties.

Same except for Unit 2 where I am doing PM instead of Judiciary....

How much revision have you done? How's it going in general?
Original post by xxvine
Same except for Unit 2 where I am doing PM instead of Judiciary....

How much revision have you done? How's it going in general?

In all honestly, I havent done that much. I have just touched on pressure groups. Our class havent covered Judiciary yet.

Found it hard recently, as I am signing up to be a police officer so had to juggle my assessments with the police and my medical etc.

I have been told thought that not many choose judiciary- but because of this they have made the question easier thus it is easy marks
Reply 76
Not going any where near political parties, way too subjective for me and you have to know facts spot on
Reply 77
Original post by LaurenceJ96
In all honestly, I havent done that much. I have just touched on pressure groups. Our class havent covered Judiciary yet.

Found it hard recently, as I am signing up to be a police officer so had to juggle my assessments with the police and my medical etc.

I have been told thought that not many choose judiciary- but because of this they have made the question easier thus it is easy marks

I havent done any as well and exam is in about a month:frown: I am worried:frown:

Oh wow....thats great regarding becoming a police officer....

Hmm maybe i will bare the judiciary in mind....but seems quiet hard...How are you revising?
Reply 78
Original post by Pato1
Not going any where near political parties, way too subjective for me and you have to know facts spot on

I think everybody avoids political parties in Unit 1. So much to learn and know!
Reply 79
hope you guys watched the interview tonight with Miliband and Cameron, loads of good stuff on there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending