The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6GP01 Government and Politics Unit 1 Exam 01/06/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by antigone-
It was lowered to 16 for the referendum

Cheers- just wanted clarity
Reply 861
Whats everyone doing as last minute revision?
Reply 862
Original post by hollybradfield
For the 25 markers how many paragraphs are you planning on doing?
I usually aim for 4 (2 for 2 against) and get 18/25.
My teacher said to do more shorter paragraphs- 3 for 3 against. When i did this i got 22/25.
do you think this is the right way to go about it? I'm just worried about timing...

My teacher usualy tells us to do 2 vs 3!
Original post by johnd45
What's the minimum voting age in Scotland?

18 at the moment, but they're trying to get it lowered to 16 because of the high turnout of 16-18 year old

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ec240
Whats everyone doing as last minute revision?

Trying to learn everything 😂 why did I leave it last minute

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 865
Does anyone have any easy ways to remember all the different voting systems?
Also what are the main things we should definitely know for each topic on unit one?

Thankyou!
Reply 866
Original post by ec240
Does anyone have any easy ways to remember all the different voting systems?
Also what are the main things we should definitely know for each topic on unit one?

Thankyou!

Idk if this will help you but i made a sheet with all the advantages and disadvantages, then i just read over and highlight it :smile:
Hi guys, are we expected to do introductions for 25 markers? Am retaking it from last year and have always done them but in one of my practices my teacher has said it isn't necessary.... Can anyone enlighten me?
Reply 868
Original post by hr3471
Idk if this will help you but i made a sheet with all the advantages and disadvantages, then i just read over and highlight it :smile:

Thankyou so much!!!!!
Reply 869
IMPORTANT QUESTION!

During question 1b, if the question was the advantages of referendums, would you have to criticize the points also and have an intro and conclusion!?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 870
Original post by Samz15
IMPORTANT QUESTION!

During question 1b, if the question was the advantages of referendums, would you have to criticize the points also and have an intro and conclusion!?

No, b questions are the 10 markers, so there is no need for an introduction or conclusion, however if you feel your points are not strong then i would do one. If it is asking for the advantages you only need to do 3 advantages, and you don't need to criticise them.
Reply 871
Original post by AlexKitson
Hi guys, are we expected to do introductions for 25 markers? Am retaking it from last year and have always done them but in one of my practices my teacher has said it isn't necessary.... Can anyone enlighten me?

yes! say all of your points you are going to make.
Reply 872
What are the prediction for Unit 1 democracy and political participation and party policies?
Reply 873
Original post by hr3471

hey
i cant seem to open this for some reason
is it possible if you could put in powerpoint please?

thank you xx
Reply 874
Original post by Samz15
IMPORTANT QUESTION!

my teacher told me to use this structure for 10/20/40 marks
PEEEL
P - point
E- explanation (this means....)
E - evidence/example (one example would be.....)
E - evaluation (a strength would be.... however a weakness would be....)
L - link to the question ( therefore... overall... to conlude.... in conclusion....)
Original post by antigone-
It was lowered to 16 for the referendum

Original post by johnd45
Cheers- just wanted clarity

Just to clarify, it was only lowered for the referendum. The voting age for Scottish Parliament is still 18 but they are debating lowering it to 16.
Original post by contradicta
Just to clarify, it was only lowered for the referendum. The voting age for Scottish Parliament is still 18 but they are debating lowering it to 16.

Sorry I should have made that more explicit!
Have you guys who are doing the democracy question learnt all the referendums since 1997? Is it really necessary to know all of them?
Original post by xxvine
Have you guys who are doing the democracy question learnt all the referendums since 1997? Is it really necessary to know all of them?

I've only memorised the 1975 EEC referendum (to prove referendums solve internal issues), the 2011 AV referendum and the Scottish referendum. I think that covers more than enough!
Is there actually that much to learn? Some of unit 1 seems almost common sense.

I am doing,
Elections,
Pressure groups and
Democracy and political participation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending