The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6GP01 Government and Politics Unit 1 Exam 01/06/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Pato1
hope you guys watched the interview tonight with Miliband and Cameron, loads of good stuff on there

I did....

What did you get from it that can be used? Food banks and Ed's relationship with David?
Original post by xxvine
I havent done any as well and exam is in about a month:frown: I am worried:frown:

Oh wow....thats great regarding becoming a police officer....

Hmm maybe i will bare the judiciary in mind....but seems quiet hard...How are you revising?

I.m Making notes at present and mind maps. Then going to start doing the past paper questions you?
Reply 82
Original post by LaurenceJ96
I.m Making notes at present and mind maps. Then going to start doing the past paper questions you?

I think I will be doing the same

Making notes in condensed form is the only way I know how to revise tbh
Reply 83
are most people revising two topics for unit 1 and three topics for unit 2?
Original post by xxvine
I really hate that unit
argh

Thanks for that. Thats really helpful.
Reply 85
Thanks for that. Thats really helpful.

Eh.....?
It was just a natural frustration that I poster on here....

Is there a rule that everything you post has to be helpful.....

What a bizarre post.:confused:
Does anyone know how to include current examples into our essays?

And could someone post an example so I properly understand? Like the food banks thing (I'm a bit slow). My teachers (had 3 for politics) never taught me how to do this!
Original post by xxvine
Eh.....?
It was just a natural frustration that I poster on here....

Is there a rule that everything you post has to be helpful.....

What a bizarre post.:confused:

sorry i quoted the wrong post :')
Hey guys, i'm doing four subjects and I have to drop Politics next year because my teacher is retiring.

My Politics exams are after the half term whereas all of my other exams are finished by the 20th. So I will have 11 days to concentrate on Politics.

I'm not sure whether to revise more for the other subjects at the moment or revise them all equally?

What's your advice? and what would you do in this situation?
Original post by rebeccar16
Hey guys, i'm doing four subjects and I have to drop Politics next year because my teacher is retiring.

My Politics exams are after the half term whereas all of my other exams are finished by the 20th. So I will have 11 days to concentrate on Politics.

I'm not sure whether to revise more for the other subjects at the moment or revise them all equally?

What's your advice? and what would you do in this situation?

You have to drop it because your teacher is retiring? Is that even legal? I didnt know they could do that!
You have to drop it because your teacher is retiring? Is that even legal? I didnt know they could do that!

we were informed at the beginning of the year that this subject would only be for AS because the college can't find a Government and Politics teacher in time for A2. I didn't think I would enjoy Politics as much as my other subjects (Lit, History, Psychology). I'd much rather drop literature though! Can you give any advice on my question?
I'm planning to revise only 3 topics for unit 1 (skipping political parties)

But for unit 2 I don't see any way to not revise all 4?
Say you revise 3, and 2 of those come up in the sources section - then you are forced to do the 40mark question on the topic you have left, even if the question is naff?
Original post by contradicta
I'm planning to revise only 3 topics for unit 1 (skipping political parties)

But for unit 2 I don't see any way to not revise all 4?
Say you revise 3, and 2 of those come up in the sources section - then you are forced to do the 40mark question on the topic you have left, even if the question is naff?

For unit one..
Im doing;
- Pressure groups
- Elections
- Democracy and people

Everyone seems to skip political parties!
For unit one..
Im doing;
- Pressure groups
- Elections
- Democracy and people

Everyone seems to skip political parties!

Yeah there's too much to remember and they are all really similar nowadays anyway.

I'm really dreading these exams, I've been doing well in class - getting high scores and such but time conditions and the fact that everything is from memory really puts me off!
Reply 94
Anyone else going to this revision thingy conference

http://www.philipallanupdates.co.uk/Course-details.aspx?cid=PO180315

The official examiners for Edexcel politics will be there too :-o
Original post by Pato1
Anyone else going to this revision thingy conference

http://www.philipallanupdates.co.uk/Course-details.aspx?cid=PO180315

The official examiners for Edexcel politics will be there too :-o

That seems cool! But it says 18th march? Im confused ...
Original post by sk942015
That seems cool! But it says 18th march? Im confused ...

I would have gone but it says 18th :-/
I would have gone but it says 18th :-/

I know I think we missed it :frown: Anyways hows your politics revision going? :smile:
Original post by sk942015
I know I think we missed it :frown: Anyways hows your politics revision going? :smile:

Not too bad, we have a Easter Revision sesssion on Tuesday for Politics. We are covering everything basically!
Reply 99
No, it's in april aswell my school are going to it

Quick Reply

Latest