The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6GP01 Government and Politics Unit 1 Exam 01/06/2015

Hey everyone!

Haven't seen an official thread for the unit 1 politics exam for Edexcel, so might as well start it now! I know its a bit early but as they say, its never too early to revise! :tongue:

Any predictions on what may come up this year?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by MichelleKazi
Hey everyone!

Haven't seen an official thread for the unit 1 politics exam for Edexcel, so might as well start it now! I know its a bit early but as they say, its never too early to revise! :tongue:

Any predictions on what may come up this year?

Hey....
isn't the exam in June? My teacher said both AS exams are in June this year?
Reply 2
Both exams are on the 1st and 4th of June...where did you get May from?
Sorry. I mixed my Edexcel Physics Unit one with the Politics Unit one... sorry. Just checked - it is indeed in June
Reply 4
Sorry. I mixed my Edexcel Physics Unit one with the Politics Unit one... sorry. Just checked - it is indeed in June

haha got me scared lol

hows revision going anyway?
Original post by xxvine
haha got me scared lol

hows revision going anyway?

My apologies...

Revision is going well. I've chosen my 2 topics to focus on. Democracy and Elections. With Elections I can answer almost any past paper question, but still need to work on democracy.

Yourself?
hey people im also doing this exam... i did it 2 years ago and im retaking it for the first time... iv forgotten the actual content in this exam lol...can anyone remind me??
Reply 7
My apologies...

Revision is going well. I've chosen my 2 topics to focus on. Democracy and Elections. With Elections I can answer almost any past paper question, but still need to work on democracy.

Yourself?

same pretty much

I hate Unit 2 though...finding it hard but will miss out the judiciary i think:frown:
Original post by gideon123
hey people im also doing this exam... i did it 2 years ago and im retaking it for the first time... iv forgotten the actual content in this exam lol...can anyone remind me??

For Unit 1, you have to do 2 questions. You have a choice of 4 questions - the four topics are:
- Democracy
- Elections
- Political Parties
- Pressure Groups

Good Luck!

Original post by xxvine
same pretty much

I hate Unit 2 though...finding it hard but will miss out the judiciary i think:frown:

For me, I think unit 2 has a lot more content and facts/figures that one needs to learn. I really like PM and Cabinet, not sure about the others yet...
Since for unit one there will always be one question from each topic, is anyone only revising for two topics as opposed to all four? A couple of people in my class is doing that, but somehow I don't think it's a good idea...

EDIT: Also, our class still hasn't touched Parliament and Judges and Civil Liberties yet, are we behind?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by blackdiamond97
Since for unit one there will always be one question from each topic, is anyone only revising for two topics as opposed to all four? A couple of people in my class is doing that, but somehow I don't think it's a good idea...

EDIT: Also, our class still hasn't touched Parliament and Judges and Civil Liberties yet, are we behind?

I'm only revising for 2 topics - it depends on the person really. The reason I'm doing only 2 is because I'd be too opinionated when answering political parties and I hate pressure groups so I'm doing Elections and Democracy. Plus elections and democracy are complimentary to each other hence they'd be a good combo. But if you want to have a back up topic just in case there's a hard question on one of the two topics you've chosen, go for three :yes:

Our class has done Constitution, Parliament and Judges and Civil Liberties and we are finishing PM and Cabinet now. Still have EU to do. So I guess as long as you've done 2 or 3 topics, you'll be fine
Anyone know what came up in last years paper?
Maybe a silly question, but for unit 2, do we need to cover all six topics, or will four suffice? My aim is to do all of them, but have so much work left to do!
Reply 13
For Unit 1, you have to do 2 questions. You have a choice of 4 questions - the four topics are:
- Democracy
- Elections
- Political Parties
- Pressure Groups

Good Luck!

For me, I think unit 2 has a lot more content and facts/figures that one needs to learn. I really like PM and Cabinet, not sure about the others yet...

I really hate that unit
argh
Reply 14
Original post by The Nightingale
Maybe a silly question, but for unit 2, do we need to cover all six topics, or will four suffice? My aim is to do all of them, but have so much work left to do!

what are these six topics?

Has the syllabus changed or something

I have the constitution, Parliament, Prime Minster and the Judiciary....
What are the other two?
Reply 15
I'm only revising for 2 topics - it depends on the person really. The reason I'm doing only 2 is because I'd be too opinionated when answering political parties and I hate pressure groups so I'm doing Elections and Democracy. Plus elections and democracy are complimentary to each other hence they'd be a good combo. But if you want to have a back up topic just in case there's a hard question on one of the two topics you've chosen, go for three :yes:

Our class has done Constitution, Parliament and Judges and Civil Liberties and we are finishing PM and Cabinet now. Still have EU to do. So I guess as long as you've done 2 or 3 topics, you'll be fine

Two topics are a bit ricky especially if the questions are horrible...you will be made to answer them....
Original post by xxvine
what are these six topics?

Has the syllabus changed or something

I have the constitution, Parliament, Prime Minster and the Judiciary....
What are the other two?

Nope, sorry, that's accurate :smile: Do we need to cover all four?
Reply 17
You should revise 3/4 topics and have knowledge on current politics going on.
Reply 18
Original post by Pato1
You should revise 3/4 topics and have knowledge on current politics going on.

best place for current knowledge is bbc politics website right?
Reply 19
Yes, this site is very good for revision.

http://politics-blog.ashbournecollege.co.uk/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending