The Student Room Group

My name AND date of birth wrong on my AS certificate!!

HELP!!

I am an external candidate and very worried, I have around five weeks on me, to get this certificate to the uni I am applying to abroad.
I only just received it this week and it has my name AND d.o.b wrong due to a clerical error in the school office.

Am I screwed or can this be rectified?

I am entered for my A2 exams.

The school rectified this error in their school system but it was after the certificates were issued.

Can this be rectified or do I have a big problem?
Reply 1
Youre screwed

Are you sure its your certificate?
Yes it's my certificate, so what now?

Original post by naxiv
Youre screwed

Are you sure its your certificate?
Reply 3
Im sorry but NO unis can accept you since your certificate doesnt match your details.
Original post by Hexaneandheels
Yes it's my certificate, so what now?
Well obviously! I need it amending, my question asked whether it can be rectified. I have a few weeks on me

Original post by naxiv
Im sorry but NO unis can accept you since your certificate doesnt match your details.
Reply 5
It cant sorry
Well obviously! I need it amending, my question asked whether it can be rectified. I have a few weeks on me
Are you sure? How do you know?

Original post by naxiv
It cant sorry
Reply 7
I am god
Are you sure? How do you know?
What an idiot

Original post by naxiv
I am god
Reply 9
HELP!!

I am an external candidate and very worried, I have around five weeks on me, to get this certificate to the uni I am applying to abroad.
I only just received it this week and it has my name AND d.o.b wrong due to a clerical error in the school office. I am entered for my A2 exams.

The school rectified this error in their school system but it was after the certificates were issued. Can this be rectified or do I have a big problem?

Talk to the Exam Officer. It's too late to get the certificates corrected for free (and it may take too long to get them corrected within 5 weeks) but they should be able to write a letter explaining the circumstances for a foregin university.

p.s. Did you do GCSEs? If so, how have your personal details changed since then?
Thank you for the insightful answer unlike the above poster. I did my GCSEs several years ago at a different school and they stand with no problems.
I don't mind paying the fee for this, just want it sorted, I am relieved to know that it can actually be sorted then?!

Original post by Compost
Talk to the Exam Officer. It's too late to get the certificates corrected for free (and it may take too long to get them corrected within 5 weeks) but they should be able to write a letter explaining the circumstances for a foregin university.

p.s. Did you do GCSEs? If so, how have your personal details changed since then?
Thank you for the insightful answer unlike the above poster. I did my GCSEs several years ago at a different school and they stand with no problems.
I don't mind paying the fee for this, just want it sorted, I am relieved to know that it can actually be sorted then?!

If your personal details have changed then I would check that the A level centre has not given you a new UCI (unique candidate identifier - a 12 dgit, 1 letter code, e.g. 111110102222A, that uniquely defines you. Your 4-digit candidate number changes when you change exam centres but your UCI is meant never to change as ths is what holds all your results against a single identity.) If they had stuck with your original UCI as they should have done then the error in your name and date of birth should have thrown up error messages when the entries were made.

Check this with the exams officer at the same time as sorting out replacement certificates, otherwise your GCSE and A level results will appear to have been taken by 2 different people.
(edited 9 years ago)
If it is the school's mistake then they should pay to get this sorted for you. Go and see the exams officer on Monday and jump up and down!

Quick Reply

Latest