The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Don't write about things you haven't done. EVER.
Reply 2
thankyou :wink:
Reply 3
Actually I may have misunderstood.. were you planning on saying you have started it or just saying that it was going to be your cw? Don't ever lie. It will catch up with you. Telling the truth and saying you are going to do X isn't that bad.. but I think they'd much rather hear about things you HAVE done.
Reply 4
i havent started my coursework, but i do know what i will be doing for it. -i was going to say 'i am planning to...etc'
i'm just making some amendments to my ps :smile:
Reply 5
I'm applying to History and for mine at the moment I am currently doing coursework which I chose on the Salem Witch Trials - it was something I liked finding out about. I mentioned this in my PS as I really find it interesting - I've not finished it, but I mentioned I had chose to do it. So as long as you don't lie, and are using it to highlight an area you particularly like or something then go for it.
Reply 6
Just don't lie, and you should be fine in the long run.
As others have said, make it clear that it's something you intend to do rather than something you've done and make sure there's a point to mentioning it, eg if it's something you're really interested in, as NickiM suggested, or because it will improve your independent research skills, as Juno suggested.

Latest

Trending

Trending