The Student Room Group

I'm a real life princess: read my story

I've never lifted a finger in my entire life. This is basically my eight year on holiday.
Read my story.

During sixthform I never did any work. I'm naturally good at English literature - a subject which doesn't need revising anyway so I got an A grade in that. My other grades were all Cs. I did no work at sixthform and at AS level and A level scored grades ACC each year.

So those two years at sixthform were basically a holiday. I used to just drink at the weekends and generally be a teenager. Never really did homework or anything.

I had an ABB offer to study at Manchester Uni. I missed my grades by two and the University let me in no problem. I didn't have to fight for a place - they just let me in. Other people had worked so hard and had missed their grades by a few marks and were distraught. Me: I sailed in no problem.

In my first year of university I could fit all of the work I did into one plastic wallet. I never even made it into a full week at uni. Or read any text fully. I got 54. I partied and had fun. My dad used to put money into my account and I just spent it all on drinking, partying and booze. During the summer holiday of first year I looked for work but couldn't find anything. I went to Egypt with my parents on holiday. Went to Italy too. And generally just sunbathed all day, watched films and went into our pool.

During my second year I did no work either. Never did any extra reading. Just looked on spark notes to see the general gist of things. Just finished all my essays last minute. Failed a few mini tests but passed over all. Scored 58

That summer I looked for a job again but found nothing. Just lounged in the sun. Went to the gym.

Then my year abroad came. I did a work placement. My boss was very relaxed and my job was basically me doing nothing all day. I used to just buzz people in through the door. I had fun in Italy, eating well, shopping and seeing the sights. And doing a job which required me to do nothing. I turned 21 in Venice and my dad spent thousands on my birthday party. Then the next semester I was an Erasmus student. I never went to anything. I just went shopping and ate Italian food.

Then in my final year I got a 2:2. After my final exams were over I went to Paris and Barcelona.

The year after I graduated I went travelling with my family. We went to France, Germany, Japan, Thailand and Singapore. This was staying in 5* hotels.

Then I secured an internship in Spain in September. The internship was not stressful (I just took tourists from point A to B all day). I ate tapas and went travelling in my free time. I came back in November.

Since Novemeber I've been looking for work. I've just been at home, applying for jobs everyday. Chilling, eating and going to the gym.

This is basically my eight year on holiday!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by honeyandlemon
I've never lifted a finger in my entire life. This is basically my eight year on holiday.
Read my story.

During sixthform I never did any work. I'm naturally good at English literature - a subject which doesn't need revising anyway so I got an A grade in that. My other grades were all Cs. I did no work at sixthform and at AS level and A level scored grades ACC each year.

So those two years at sixthform were basically a holiday. I used to just drink at the weekends and generally be a teenager. Never really did homework or anything.

I had an ABB offer to study at Manchester Uni. I missed my grades by two and the University let me in no problem. I didn't have to fight for a place - they just let me in. Other people had worked so hard and had missed their grades by a few marks and were distraught. Me: I sailed in no problem.

In my first year of university I could fit all of the work I did into one plastic wallet. I never even made it into a full week at uni. Or read any text fully. I got 54. I partied and had fun. My dad used to put money into my account and I just spent it all on drinking, partying and booze. During the summer holiday of first year I looked for work but couldn't find anything. I went to Egypt with my parents on holiday. And generally just sunbathed all day, watched films and went into our pool.

During my second year I did no work either. Never did any extra reading. Just looked on spark notes to see the general gist of things. Just finished all my essays last minute. Failed a few mini tests but passed over all. Scored 58

That summer I looked for a job again but found nothing. Just lounged in the sun. Went to the gym.

Then my year abroad came. I did a work placement. My boss was very relaxed and my job was basically me doing nothing all day. I used to just buzz people in through the door. I had fun in Italy, eating well, shopping and seeing the sights. And doing a job which required me to do nothing. I turned 21 in Venice and my dad spent thousands on my birthday party. Then the next semester I was an Erasmus student. I never went to anything. I just went shopping and ate Italian food.

Then in my final year I got a 2:2.

The year after I graduated I went travelling with my family. We went to France, Germany, Japan, Thailand and Singapore. This was staying in 5* hotels.

Then I secured an internship in Spain in September. The internship was not stressful (I just took tourists from point A to B all day). I ate tapas and went travelling in my free time. I came back in November.

Since Novemeber I've been looking for work. I've just been at home, applying for jobs everyday. Chilling, eating and going to the gym.

You should make a film about it. Oh wait there's already one called the princess diaries with Anne hathaway
Do you not wish that you had worked harder to get better grades?
Original post by LeaX
Do you not wish that you had worked harder to get better grades?

No, I sometimes just wish I hadn't gone to Uni at all. It just wasn't for me.

I wanted to drop out of Manchester in first year but because I had missed my grades and they had let me in I was always too scared to leave. If I were to have dropped out it would have just been to a polytechnic. I was always so greatful that I had got there in the first place.
Reply 5
I managed to read three lines then gave up :frown:
Read my story.

In my first year of university I could fit all of the work I did into one plastic wallet. I never even made it into a full week at uni. Or read any text fully. I got 54. I partied and had fun. My dad used to put money into my account and I just spent it all on drinking, partying and booze. During the summer holiday of first year I looked for work but couldn't find anything. I went to Egypt with my parents on holiday. And generally just sunbathed all day, watched films and went into our pool.

Then in my final year I got a 2:2.

Maybe they wanted your money as opposed to you? :teehee:
You got a 2:2:confused:
Reply 7
I was also a princess when I wore a pink skirt with a tiara... it didn't last long :frown:

Spoiler

Original post by Binary Freak
Maybe they wanted your money as opposed to you? :teehee:
You got a 2:2:confused:

I wasn't saying they let me in because I was good.

I'm saying how everyone else who missed their grades was in trouble but I was fine!
Original post by Arkasia
I managed to read three lines then gave up :frown:

Basically she be sayin she did feck all allatime but things ended up going really well anyway.
...and your point is?
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Basically she be sayin she did feck all allatime but things ended up going really well anyway.

So she lived the privileged life? Or just lucky?
I wasn't saying they let me in because I was good.

I'm saying how everyone else who missed their grades was in trouble but I was fine!

I'm fully aware of that despite having read near to nothing of your thread :teehee:

.. Still not an arch duchess though :teehee:
Was it hard work doing all that typing in the OP, or did you get someone to do the keyboarding bit for you?
I can't decide if I love me or hate me.

I want to just laugh and laugh because my life has been so easy. But I kind of disgust myself too...
Original post by Arkasia
So she lived the privileged life? Or just lucky?

Seems to be a combination of both.

It wasn't a very interesting story really.
So you have a 2.2, no experience, no independence, no idea of working hard, no sense of achievement or sacrifice, and you still live with your parents as an unemployed graduate with no ambitions?

Well that made me feel better, thanks!
Cool story bro.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Seems to be a combination of both.

It wasn't a very interesting story really.

Eh I saved myself some time then.
Original post by macromicro
So you have a 2.2, no experience, no independence, no idea of working hard, no sense of achievement or sacrifice, and you still live with your parents as an unemployed graduate with no ambitions?

Well that made me feel better, thanks!

It didn't seem to be a very uplifting story.

Could have maybe used a good joke at the end, or a bit about falling over in McDonalds, or being sued for making a tweet calling someone 'ugly' or something like that.

Quick Reply

Latest