The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Completely doesn't mean you're not in. Just keep waitin', as hard as it is. I didn't hear from them til January, and knew people had already had offers. Keep on truckin'!!
Reply 2
Melana
Completely doesn't mean you're not in. Just keep waitin', as hard as it is. I didn't hear from them til January, and knew people had already had offers. Keep on truckin'!!

How do they manage to give someone who applied after you... an offer first :rolleyes:

For different subjects I can see it, but I don't undstand how it can happen when it's the same subject

Surely they look at them in order? :confused:
Reply 3
Not necessarily, but they also don't give out the majority of their offers til the deadline in January. They sometimes do a batch quite early on, of people they definitely definitely want, and then search through the rest when all the applications have come through.
Reply 4
Don't worry :hugs: - in the case of the UCAS application, I'd say no news is good news :smile:
porter2002
How do they manage to give someone who applied after you... an offer first :rolleyes:

For different subjects I can see it, but I don't undstand how it can happen when it's the same subject

Surely they look at them in order? :confused:

Simple. They have better qualifications or experience than him.
That doesn't mean you won't get an offer. Sometimes there doesn't seem to be much correlation between when you send your application and when you get a reply.
I wouldn't worry tbh - have you got similar grades? If your friend's are higher perhaps they're just taking slightly longer to decide on you. If they're similar then whatever is taking them so long - you'll probably get an offer too :smile:
Reply 8
Wow: Ditto to the OP abuot York!

I feel as if my application has been discarded in a 'decide later' pile. I would like an offer, but I'm ot feeling to down about it as, as people have said, no news isn't bad news.
Melana
Not necessarily, but they also don't give out the majority of their offers til the deadline in January.

:hmmmm:
A girl on here who sent her application after me got an offer from leicester before me and my grades are better all round. So it doesn't mean much it just when they get round to doing it.
Should never get attached to a university before you get your offers and rejections. tut tut.
ahhh - don't worry - uniz always take their time and you never know how they are sorting out the letters - schools, grades, or even countries. they may just take their time realy. but hang tight - offers shall come :wink: !

Latest

Trending

Trending