The Student Room Group

Podiatry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey there!

I have an interview at Birmingham next week and was wondering how yours went? What questions did they ask? And how did you find it?
Reply 41
Original post by tvdinner
Hey!

Yesss, finally someone going to Birmingham Met! It's my firm too! :smile: Where are you from?

Hi :smile:

I have an interview for podiatry at Birmingham Met next week and just wanted to get a few pointers as to what it entails? The questions? The website mentions a diagnostic test and a presentation?! I'm rather nervous about it all :frown:

..Assuming you had an interview that is :tongue:
Reply 42
Original post by bezington
Hi All

I got offer from Birmingham Met and have chosen it as firm. So anyone going? If so, see ya there!!:smile:

Hi there :smile:
I have an interview for podiatry at Birmingham Met next week and just wanted to get a few pointers as to what it entails? The questions? The website mentions a diagnostic test and a presentation?! I'm rather nervous about it all ..

Assuming you had an interview that is :tongue:
Hi, unfortunately Im unable to help as I didn't have an interview. I'm sure if you can show that your passionate about caring and helping others and have done some shadowing that you can talk about will really help. Best of luck 👍
Reply 44
Original post by Haych121
Hi there :smile:
I have an interview for podiatry at Birmingham Met next week and just wanted to get a few pointers as to what it entails? The questions? The website mentions a diagnostic test and a presentation?! I'm rather nervous about it all ..

Assuming you had an interview that is :tongue:

Hey :smile:

I believe the test is to see if you will require any additional learning support (e.g. in the case of dyslexia etc), so don't worry about this too much! It's in order to help you, not go against you. Just take your time and read through everything thoroughly and you'll be fine :smile:

For the presentation I wrote about three or four sentences for each point they ask you to address (I assume Jennie has sent you the information already?). I tried to memorise it but had the sheet to hand anyway.

I didn't feel I was asked many questions, from my sketchy memory I think there was 'Why Podiatry? 'Why would you be a good podiatrist?' and I think I had to give a few examples of how I had acted/ would act in given scenarios. As I say, my memory of the day is all a bit of a blur!

Jennie and Sandra are very approachable. I didn't feel particularly nervous but Jennie said 'you are obviously nervous' so perhaps my body language didn't match up!

Do be prepared for information overload by the way! You will be told a lot of stuff. I came out of the interview quite tired :smile:

Good luck anyway! You'll be fine. Come back and let me know how you got on :smile:
Reply 45
I applied through clearing for bham pod... Presentation and interview is Thursday next week. Thanks for advice I will ensure I get a good nights sleep the day before.
Reply 46
Also Jenner said intake is about 22-25 students max and it I applied second day of clearing so wondering how many more spaces to fill up. I applied to bham met as I was at Aston last year doing biomed and I hated it and hated Aston- even though podiatry used to be accredited thought Aston but it's now accredited through the uni of Wolverhampton.
Hi all just seen this thread, I'm glad to say I am also starting podiatry in Birmingham. My names shoaib I'll be starting the course in a few weeks time. Can't wait!!
Reply 48
Hey N.H, let us know how you get on! And congrats Shoaib! See ya there :smile: What day are you enrolling? I'm enrolling on 1st.
2nd of September. Look forward to meeting you soon.

Quick Reply

Latest