The Student Room Group

Surviving a break up

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by charllbowles
Hi everyone,

Basically two days ago my boyfriend left me.. Wanna know what makes it worse? Half an hour before he left me he was cuddling me in bed and said "you're my baby aren't you", after that I went for a shower, half an hour later he came into my room with a bar of chocolate an a note explaining why he doesn't love me anymore. We were meant to be living in a flat together next year, and he couldn't even break up with me to my face.

As a journalist, writing makes me happier and controls my emotions so I wrote a blog called "how to survive a break up" - please read it, share it, especially share it with social networking sites so it helps people get through break ups

the link -

https://modernwithahintofvintage.wordpress.com/2015/02/22/how-to-survive-a-break-up/#more-126

please and thankyou :smile:

That must suck, I'll flick through your blog when I get some spare time.
OP, the right guy (who isn't a coward!) is out there for you somewhere.

You seem very nice, sweet, intelligent, have a good attitude and pretty - all the things I look for in a person, haha! You seem like you have your head screwed on, so I know this advice is what you'll already be doing anyway, but don't go for someone new just for the sake of it, be prepared to wait for the right person, and they'll come along in the end, even if it does take a while! (Reminds me of Ted from How I Met Your Mother if anyone has seen that).

You'll be a fantastic partner for someone, so long as you have faith in yourself. I've been in a similar situation to you, so I know how tough it is to feel confident after someone has left you, but you have to try, haha!

And don't be afraid to follow your heart.
Original post by Anonymous
OP, the right guy (who isn't a coward!) is out there for you somewhere.

You seem very nice, sweet, intelligent, have a good attitude and pretty - all the things I look for in a person, haha! You seem like you have your head screwed on, so I know this advice is what you'll already be doing anyway, but don't go for someone new just for the sake of it, be prepared to wait for the right person, and they'll come along in the end, even if it does take a while! (Reminds me of Ted from How I Met Your Mother if anyone has seen that).

You'll be a fantastic partner for someone, so long as you have faith in yourself. I've been in a similar situation to you, so I know how tough it is to feel confident after someone has left you, but you have to try, haha!

And don't be afraid to follow your heart.

Thankyou so much. That made me smile :smile:
I'm getting over the break up, it was hard at first (obviously) but now I'm completely fine! I'm definitely not going to rush into anything - i've learnt from experience it'll most probably end badly haha. I'll be patient, I'm spending my time focusing on myself anyway :smile:
Reply 63
You look hot. I'm sure you'll find someone else from the 7 BILLION people, guys like me would dream of having you :moon:
Original post by kumon
You look hot. I'm sure you'll find someone else from the 7 BILLION people, guys like me would dream of having you :moon:

Aw haha, that's sweet. Thankyou. :smile:
Original post by charllbowles
Thankyou so much. That made me smile :smile:
I'm getting over the break up, it was hard at first (obviously) but now I'm completely fine! I'm definitely not going to rush into anything - i've learnt from experience it'll most probably end badly haha. I'll be patient, I'm spending my time focusing on myself anyway :smile:

Yes, self-focus is always good! Realise your good qualities, but look after yourself first. And definitely lose your friends - this is the time you'll realise who the real ones are, and you may even find a potential partner among them.

Just going through one myself, and I've found those things.
Reply 66
plus youre cute as hell so :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending